Marcus Rashford lobbying govt to help vulnerable children

Silly Sally and the BBC pushed their own involvement by intervewing him on Sunday night and what they achieved over 5 days.

The charities involved in fighting for kids on a daily basis should be getting some credit for their efforts.

I am not going to criticise Rashford but the praise in the media is a little over the top. Firstly, he has only been interviewed and said that school meals should be given, blah blah blah. I just wonder when he took his hand out of his pocket, how much did he contribute. Now think of Craig Bellamy and what he did for under privileged kids and how much hard cash he handed over. Then try to think what coverage he received. Just a little perspective needed here.

Yes, those charities deserve enormous gratitude, recognition and praise for what they do everyday, all year round. Though that’s not what they’re in it for.

They did, however, need a figurehead at this point. Someone to use their platform to bring this to the forefront of the governments thinking in this chaotic time, and he stepped up. Fair play to him.

I can tell you of a number of families who are feeling like they already have a lot less to worry about now, especially after numerous schools including mine covered the governments arse with their shoddy roll out of the meal vouchers at the start of this pandemic.

I’m lucky enough to teach in a school with a lot less deprivation than my previous schools. I can only imagine the need and relief a great deal will feel there.

And for others, you can’t tar every instance of this need as an indictment of parenting and how people act in society. There are many genuine cases of people being made unemployed, taking wage cuts, surviving on a lot less household income. Heaven forbid, someone’s situation can change unexpectedly.

Yes, those charities deserve enormous gratitude, recognition and praise for what they do everyday, all year round. Though that’s not what they’re in it for.

They did, however, need a figurehead at this point. Someone to use their platform to bring this to the forefront of the governments thinking in this chaotic time, and he stepped up. Fair play to him.

I can tell you of a number of families who are feeling like they already have a lot less to worry about now, especially after numerous schools including mine covered the governments arse with their shoddy roll out of the meal vouchers at the start of this pandemic.

I’m lucky enough to teach in a school with a lot less deprivation than my previous schools. I can only imagine the need and relief a great deal will feel there.

And for others, you can’t tar every instance of this need as an indictment of parenting and how people act in society. There are many genuine cases of people being made unemployed, taking wage cuts, surviving on a lot less household income. Heaven forbid, someone’s situation can change unexpectedly.
I don't know why you replied to me (or the other poster). I certainly am fully of the serious problems affecting many kids so please do not lecture me as if l am one of your pupils.
Government policy has been changed thanks to largely anonymous charities using Rashfords genuine interest and the BBC getting an early interview which was seized upon by the rest of the media on Monday and Tuesday forcrd the PM forced to u turn on the Wednesday. Mission accomplished.
Perhaps young Rashford can turn his attentions now to all those kids particularly in Africa who do not even have clean water let alone school meals. Last week I raised the fact that hundreds of kids die every week through malnutrition disease snd worse. Nobody seemed to care about them and it seemed their Black Lives don't matter.

I don't know why you replied to me (or the other poster). I certainly am fully of the serious problems affecting many kids so please do not lecture me as if l am one of your pupils.
Government policy has been changed thanks to largely anonymous charities using Rashfords genuine interest and the BBC getting an early interview which was seized upon by the rest of the media on Monday and Tuesday forcrd the PM forced to u turn on the Wednesday. Mission accomplished.
Perhaps young Rashford can turn his attentions now to all those kids particularly in Africa who do not even have clean water let alone school meals. Last week I raised the fact that hundreds of kids die every week through malnutrition disease snd worse. Nobody seemed to care about them and it seemed their Black Lives don't matter.

The part about charities and their credit applied to your post.

The rest was a general response or to the other post included.

Cracking post which really sum up the bigger picture and why some of the criticism and moaning in this thread is at best ill judged.

The on the ground effect of what Rashford has done is incredible. We should really take a step back and think. A young, black, footballer, has gotten a Tory government to U Turn on a policy which will feed children who are in need of that help.

The more I think about it, the bigger it gets as an achievement and the more praise I feel he deserves. If anything this has been underplayed since the U-turn and the return of the PL.

The part about charities and their credit applied to your post.

The rest was a general response or to the other post included.

Fairy snuff. I am sorry for being a bit terse earlier. I remember reading about the specific charity who played a major part but l cant find it easily for the all the other stuff
Do you happen to know it?

I would also like to mention generally that even before the current problems that many supermarkets and restaurants all have systems for their 'leftovers' going to charities but a lot has to be destroyed due to regulations. Can't even be used as pig swill.

He’s clearly a decent lad and a proper Mancunian, so good luck to him. It’s not his fault he’s a rag and therefore the media are fawning over him. If he played for us, it would’ve got 100 words max.

Good luck to the lad, he may as well promote something worthwhile to keep himself relevant, its not like he can promote himself through football is it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.