Marillion reunion? (Not really, just joining in)

It’s about what music hits you at a specific time in your life. I was just blown away by the first 2 albums and still get that tingle, especially Fugazi. Yes I knew it wasn’t fully original and Genesis fans were always whinging about the similarities, but I wasn’t old enough to hear that music when first released, I had to play catch up listening to the catalogue of albums.

Hogarth is a good singer, and there’s some good stuff, but it just doesn’t quite hit home. Took me about 25 years to pluck up the courage to listen to Seasons End in full.
Very very similar here. There’s just something about the pitch, timbre, frailty of Hogarth’s voice that I’ve never been able to warm too. Over the years I’ve managed to appreciate individual tracks, a few off Marbles, and the Great Escape for example, but it’s more because of Rothery’s soloing than his singing/lyrics.

Nowadays I actually enjoy Clutching At Straws most of those first 4 but they were/are all brilliant, along with the Grendel/MSH 12” and the other B sides. The quality was just so consistent back then.

Have you been to the Rothery Band solo shows? If not I’d recommend highly. But I’ve got mixed feelings about seeing Fish’s farewell shows early next year.

Tbh I found them dull as dishwater water with Hogarth, the first album with him was so bad, I've never listened to anything by them since.
Hate to say it but that's exactly my feelings....did absolutely nothing for me. Listened to some tracks on youtube recently and found them very bland, I tried, I really tried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.