Marillion reunion? (Not really, just joining in)

Somehow I think these reunions of old bands is a bit sad. I wouldn’t really want Marillion (with Fish) back, even though they probably epitomise my music taste more than anything. I have lots of good memories listening to it at university but it belongs where it is, in the past.

I never got The Smiths but Oasis were okay. Strangely I always felt too old for them even though I am younger than Noel.

The younger crowd will annoy the legacy fans in my opinion.

I agree, though I know quite a few like them as much and some prefer them with Hogarth
It’s about what music hits you at a specific time in your life. I was just blown away by the first 2 albums and still get that tingle, especially Fugazi. Yes I knew it wasn’t fully original and Genesis fans were always whinging about the similarities, but I wasn’t old enough to hear that music when first released, I had to play catch up listening to the catalogue of albums.

Hogarth is a good singer, and there’s some good stuff, but it just doesn’t quite hit home. Took me about 25 years to pluck up the courage to listen to Seasons End in full.

It’s about what music hits you at a specific time in your life. I was just blown away by the first 2 albums and still get that tingle, especially Fugazi. Yes I knew it wasn’t fully original and Genesis fans were always whinging about the similarities, but I wasn’t old enough to hear that music when first released, I had to play catch up listening to the catalogue of albums.

Hogarth is a good singer, and there’s some good stuff, but it just doesn’t quite hit home. Took me about 25 years to pluck up the courage to listen to Seasons End in full.
Every so often I try a Hogarth one, and for about 20 mintutes I'm on board then it loses me.Do like Seasons End though.
That said I know a few people that struggled at first with him but now really like the Hogartth stuff and put Brave in their top 3 Marillion amongst the Fish ones.
Got tickets for the Fish farewell tour in the new year,looking forward to that.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.