Marillion reunion? (Not really, just joining in)

I'm guessing Lego and myself are the same age, first time I saw them was the Script tour, opened up with "So here I am once more" with Fish in a single spotlight and the rest of the stage in darkness. I was hooked there and then. Last saw Fish about 5 years ago and sad to say his voice has gone, can't get near the mid notes never mind the high ones. Still an epic frontman though. As an aside, he's recently sold his home/studio and moved to the outer hebrides to become a crofter.....

Anyone else off to Leicester next May?

I'm guessing Lego and myself are the same age, first time I saw them was the Script tour, opened up with "So here I am once more" with Fish in a single spotlight and the rest of the stage in darkness. I was hooked there and then. Last saw Fish about 5 years ago and sad to say his voice has gone, can't get near the mid notes never mind the high ones. Still an epic frontman though. As an aside, he's recently sold his home/studio and moved to the outer hebrides to become a crofter.....

Anyone else off to Leicester next May?
I’m a bit younger probably. The first I knew of them musically would have been the chart songs off Misplaced Childhood when still at school. I knew at the time my taste in music wasn’t fashionable but Marillion were the most recent band of those I was into (Dire Straits, Queen, Pink Floyd etc) so felt more my era than the others. Before the age of internet music you either had to buy the albums or know someone who could lend or copy it to tape and luckily I took a nerdy computer course at uni where there were a few of us into similar bands. So that’s when I picked up the earlier albums. Sadly though, I never got to see them live as Fish swam off before I got chance.

Marillion are still going, I don’t agree that a band dies when a band member leaves. I admit I preferred the Fish era but in any case, what right does anyone have to criticise others’ musical taste?

Sad to say, Trewavas, born in Middlesboro, raised in Aylesbury, lifelong scum fan (obviously)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.