Marina (from the GU) lays into our Garry

dannybcity said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Nietsche, Bowdler, the Grauniad? I wish to add my own intellectual four 'pennorth. Ms. H, go and find a spike and thread your arse onto it. Thank you, so much, you're so kind!

Bowdler > Nietsche

sorry it's my surname so I'm just enjoying it's recent rise to fame

are you really related to that Bowdler? that's pretty interesting (to a dork like me anyway) if so.

Although she is predominantly full of shit she does say one or two things I agree with. A man in Cook's position should not use phrases like 'bottled it' nor should he be complaining about hospitality or what he personally got or didn't get.

MDLVKM3 said:
Misogny was in reference to what started the debate (being a slag).
FFS, I've already apologised for calling her a 'slag' and have labelled the bullshitting c*nt as a 'twatflap' instead.

MDLVKM3 said:
"Someone needs to put down her thesaurus"

Can you really criticise someone's ability to write well? The woman has a large vocabulary. Do you need to be semi-retarded to be accepted? I was going to say monosyllabic but feared that I may be accused of using big words.

Humour, particularly written humour, is constructed by creating images, scenarios and situations. Using specific terminology enables writers to create a more detailed picture rather than using lots of conversational tones. Satire is to do with excessively presenting an unbalanced argument a la the jokes we have about Blair etc. It wouldn't be funny if we didn't exagerrate and weren't biased to his shortcomings.

By the way, I'm a misogynist, but I think Marina actually has ability which makes her ok in my book, whether she has a failed attempt at trying to satirise Cookie.

Come on admit it, you are her publicist/agent/employer/sycophantic friend (delete as apllicable) aren't you ?

What a great thread.

Disregarding the self-importance of her article, I can't help but smell some truth....

Cook is a tosser.

There is no getting away from it.

danbanjovi said:
What a great thread.

Disregarding the self-importance of her article, I can't help but smell some truth....

Cook is a tosser.

There is no getting away from it.

Do one, tit

Agent? no.

Just work in education and spend all day trying to get kids to not be afraid to show skill in case they get chastised by the cool kids. I dont think if someone has an excellence they should feel compelled to dumb it down in case they get shit for it.

Doesn't me she was right. Criticise the article for its inaccuracy, although an attempt at humour was the objective rather than accuracy, but I don't think its fair to criticise her vocab.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.