Mario Balotelli

Add me to the list of those who can't help but keep track of Mario's progress (if you can call it that) as a footballer since leaving us.

I was thinking at the time that the move back to Italy would settle him and he would finally begin to live up to his promise. And honestly, I wondered if we would regret not standing by him and his development. Mind you, I wasn't a huge fan of his while he was here, but the quality he possesses was indisputable and I always lived with the "toys out of the pram" part of his game because I thought he would mature and learn to control himself as a footballer.

Wrong.

As I watch him continue to act like an individualistic child in an adult team game, I can only be happy that he is gone. Yes, I saw him do things while at City that were amazing in terms of talent and quality of play, but I also saw so much of the behavior and selfishness that continue to plague him today. To me it is sad, because on his day he is a world class striker, but those days remain far too few.

So glad to have seen the back of him last year. Sort yourself, son, while there is still time.

The bashing still continues after he has gone. Give it a rest people. He has been Milan's main man since he joined them. Occasionally he will be hot headed, but it doesn't mean he will stop becoming the star of that Milan team or Italy to be honest. After all the things he had done to help us win with the title and FA cup, his childhood issues and racist abuse he got in Italy, you would expect a blue to be more gracious towards him. I have seem more neutrals with more grace and understanding. Shame

jared said:
The bashing still continues after he has gone. Give it a rest people. He has been Milan's main man since he joined them. Occasionally he will be hot headed, but it doesn't mean he will stop becoming the star of that Milan team or Italy to be honest. After all the things he had done to help us win with the title and FA cup, his childhood issues and racist abuse he got in Italy, you would expect a blue to be more gracious towards him. I have seem more neutrals with more grace and understanding. Shame

Wrong.
I had little time for him and his antics when he was with us and took a few pelters on here due to my views. However, i think its fair to say time has proven me correct. The club is better off without him. Mario is a liability. He's not a 'flawed genius' he is a childish, selfish, egotistical fool who thinks the sun the moon and the stars revolve around him and him alone. However - they don't.

I was a big Mario fan and to most extents still. However if given the choice would I have him back at City, the answer would be no. We have moved on, and are playing like a unit, a team, a squad. There seems a balance, with no room for antics or egos. The direction we are taking now is more exciting. I will continue watching Mario's progress and I wish him well.

It's best all round he's gone. Pellegrini wouldn't put up with his child like behavior.

Kid will never fulfill his potential.

I knew he was serving a ban but didn't know he had threatened to kill the referee,keys just said that on talksport,that is bad even by mario's usual standards

jimharri said:
pudge said:
ACMilan said:
name me a better 23yr old striker... hell, 24, 25, 26....

Who is there? How is he overrated, he's achieved things at a month into his 23rd year that most dont in a lifetime.
10-Sergio-Ag%C3%BCero-awards.jpg
Good comeback!

Haha.......,quality pudge, quality .........

I just never got the Balotelli hype. Best player except Ronaldo and Messi ??? ... only in his own mind. Really! With all his limitations, I'd have Edin Dzeko in my team over this guy all day.

To me he is just stuck in a time warp at about age 12. At that age a somewhat talented player can stand out and almost do what he wants as he is generally playing with kids without talent or who are just making up the numbers.

What did/does he really do that's so great? He can't beat a man dribbling or with lightning pace. I don't recall many intelligent runs. There are far better headers of a ball. I don't remember him hitting the target many times from free kicks, let alone scoring! Yes he occasionally shows ability to strike the ball sublimely, but to take advantage of that you have to get in position more often.

And let's not forget how much of a disruptive influence this kind of prima donna can be to the rest of the team, not to mention being a Red Card in waiting.

A huge NO for me. I am delighted we got shot of him

BlueSiam said:
I just never got the Balotelli hype. Best player except Ronaldo and Messi ??? ... only in his own mind. Really! With all his limitations, I'd have Edin Dzeko in my team over this guy all day.

To me he is just stuck in a time warp at about age 12. At that age a somewhat talented player can stand out and almost do what he wants as he is generally playing with kids without talent or who are just making up the numbers.

What did/does he really do that's so great? He can't beat a man dribbling or with lightning pace. I don't recall many intelligent runs. There are far better headers of a ball. I don't remember him hitting the target many times from free kicks, let alone scoring! Yes he occasionally shows ability to strike the ball sublimely, but to take advantage of that you have to get in position more often.

And let's not forget how much of a disruptive influence this kind of prima donna can be to the rest of the team, not to mention being a Red Card in waiting.

A huge NO for me. I am delighted we got shot of him

Bump.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.