Mario Balotelli

Oops:

Italy manager Cesare Prandelli sorry for Mario Balotelli 'joke'

Italy manager Cesare Prandelli has apologised for saying that Mario Balotelli was the only player allowed out of the team hotel in Brazil because he is black.

Security advisors told the squad they should not leave during protests that have marred the Confederations Cup.

Prandelli said the AC Milan striker was permitted to leave the hotel because his "colour is different to ours".

But he later said: "I'm sorry. It was a joke. Of course."

It emerged that former Manchester City striker Balotelli was involved in charity work, helping children from some of Salvador's poorest areas.

“The situation has changed from Rio, when we could visit the city with no problems. Here we have been forbidden from leaving the hotels”

"Before I said something about the colour of our skin," added Prandelli. "I am glad we clarified that issue about why he was the only one allowed out.

"He was surrounded by all these people but he was working with a charity and doing something nice."

hertsblue said:
Oops:

Italy manager Cesare Prandelli has apologised for saying that Mario Balotelli was the only player allowed out of the team hotel in Brazil because he is black.

Security advisors told the squad they should not leave during protests that have marred the Confederations Cup.

Prandelli said the AC Milan striker was permitted to leave the hotel because his "colour is different to ours".

It emerged that former Manchester City striker Balotelli was involved in charity work, helping children from some of Salvador's poorest areas.

“The situation has changed from Rio, when we could visit the city with no problems. Here we have been forbidden from leaving the hotels”

"Before I said something about the colour of our skin," added Prandelli. "I am glad we clarified that issue about why he was the only one allowed out.

"He was surrounded by all these people but he was working with a charity and doing something nice."

Wow. That's why I absolutely hate Italians - they're a bunch of racist bastards.

Irony - not to be taken seriously

I Hart Man City said:
hertsblue said:
Oops:

Wow. That's why I absolutely hate Italians - they're a bunch of racist bastards.

Irony - not to be taken seriously
Ookkk, those last words at the bottom saved yourself :D

Skashion said:
Stoned Rose said:
Sounds like a list of excuses to me bud. Blame the system, blame other players, it couldn't possibly be due the fact he really wasn't that interested in being here and very rarely shaped himself properly.

This is an absolute corker to - 'No-one fears Tevez's pace and ability to time runs'.

I wonder how many managers said in their pre-match training sessions and pre-match meetings over the years 'Dont worry about that Tevez one, he's shit at timing and making runs, we'll defend against him piss easy' ?

Comedy. It's me with the excuses is it? You're the one coming out with the simplistic lazy excuse of work-rate. That's all you've contributed.

That's all I've 'contributed' because that's the only opinion I have on him - he's got loads of talent, but never showed it enough for us, especially last season.

Any drunken pub lout can shout about effort. It's the kind of thing you hear talked about when England play in the World Cup and suddenly people who ignore football for four years become experts.

I very rarely drink and I'm not a 'pub lout'. I don't 'ignore' football. Not sure what the relevance of this bit of ramble is.

So, when, in the 11/12 title-winning season - wherein Balotelli had the best goal ratio in our squad of a goal every 100 minutes, he must have cared a lot? That's what you analysis boils down to isn't it.

It isn't an 'analysis' it's an opinion. However, yes I certainly feel he cared more in the title winning season, put more effort in and used his talents to better effect. I thought I'd made that abundantly clear in this thread?

It isn't that he's deployed poorly, or has a bad spell like all strikers, it's simply down to he cares a lot in the 11/12 season and not at all in the 12/13 season. Cheers for clearing that one up for us mastermind.

He cared more in the 11/12 season. I'm sure I've just said that.

We were a lot easier to defend against last season than in our title winning season. That's an absolute fact. In the 11/12 season we scored 93 goals. In the 12/13 season we scored just 66; a 27 goal difference.

I dont know if we were 'easier' to defend against. What I'd definitely say is that we didn't, as a team, take our chances. Balotelli included. He missed quite a few sitters. There is a great example on the OS highlights of the opening game v Southampton if you fancy having a look?

Also, we didn't enjoy those 'big' wins where we scored 6 v utd , 6 v norwich and 5 v Spurs (17 goals there already) last season. Just the way it goes 'tally' wise sometimes.

Oh, let me guess, EVERY single player was lazier last season.

Bad guess and a strange conclusion. I dont for a minute think every player was lazy and I've never said or even alluded to that on this or any other thread.

Actually, I'm coming around to your point of view. It's so flexible. It's not in the least bit useful, but it's surely where you get your smug sense of infallibility.

Other people's points of view are not supposed to be 'useful'.

Points Right, now that's sorted, let's predict how lazy we'll be next year. Will we be un-lazy enough to win the title?

Now it's sorted, maybe you could answer my previous question re your suggestion that Tevez doesn't know how to make runs? You seemed to ignore it on your last response bud.

He's an icon. Assuming that he does, whichever club has him when he eventually grows up will have a hell of player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.