Mario, Dzeko, Or Tevez to Start with Sergio on Saturday....,

So just how many clear-cut chances were created for Dzeko and Balotelli on Saturday?? Our big problem away from home is the midfield IMO - at Everton, Swansea, and now Stoke the strikers have been feeding off scraps. We don't get the ball forward quickly enough and the delivery from crosses, corners etc has been piss poor.

i think dzeko and aguero should start every week,drop balo and wait for tevez to be %100.balo might be scoring goals but his overall performance leaves a lot to be desired,just my opinion.

lancs blue said:
So just how many clear-cut chances were created for Dzeko and Balotelli on Saturday?? Our big problem away from home is the midfield IMO - at Everton, Swansea, and now Stoke the strikers have been feeding off scraps. We don't get the ball forward quickly enough and the delivery from crosses, corners etc has been piss poor.

yep

often too slow and too narrow

Sergio and Balo for me

citytill1die84 said:
Doubt Sergio will be risked with his Ankle injury. My guess will be Dzeko & Balotelli again with Tevez getting 30 mins.

Sergio has an ankle injury does he? Where have you got that gem from?

lancs blue said:

Totally agree with you pal, its soooo easy to be really simplistic and say it must be the strikers fault. Its narrow minded bollox.

We are way to narrow, our wing play has been shocking. To be honest we have been fairly narrow all season its just that earlier on Silva was capable of delivering a sublime pass that would unlock the door or Milner would overlap and deliver from the right.

Dzeko doesn't get supplied anything useful at all, which makes him come deep and exposes some of the weaker parts of his game.

We need to address this otherwise we will have further problems, especially away from home.

Sergio works hard but he is affected by the same lack of supply, don't assume he can get us out of this.

Decent wing play is important because even if the ball isn't ultimately delivered from the winger, they still stretch the opponents back line across the field. At the moment they just need to cover the width of the area making it too compact, meaning the only way through is a sublime pass like Tevez's or a deflected long range effort like Yaya's.

The assumption that a lack of goals means poor strikers is wrong.

citytill1die84 said:
Doubt Sergio will be risked with his Ankle injury. My guess will be Dzeko & Balotelli again with Tevez getting 30 mins.
Dzeko and Balotelli should never be fielded together. I see no way they can complement each other. It's more likely they'll be a hinderance to one another.

If Aguero isn't ready, I'd say play with one striker with attack minded midfield. As to which striker to play, it's a flip of the coin at this time. Both are struggling and there's absolutely no guarantee either will deliver.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I wouldnt play Dzeko ever again to be honest i just fail to understand how he could cost 27p let alone £27 million.

Haha. Though I don't agree with you, I do understand.........£1.27

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.