Mario Gomez

LoveCity said:
He'd be our Hernandez I bet. Come off the bench a lot and poach goals when we're desperate. And do little else. Both have insane strike rates.
I really don't like him as I much prefer complete footballers but if he were willing to take a role even more peripheral than that at Bayern currently, I'd take him. Do think we'd perhaps have to sell Dzeko though. Having the pair of them would cause so much imbalance among our forwards and reduce the number of partnerships that would work.

no way both gomez and dzeko in the same squad, either this is bollocks or dzeko is to be sold. only way i want to see that is if he wants to go / won't sign short extension as i think he's far superior to gomez

Joehannes said:
LoveCity said:
He'd be our Hernandez I bet. Come off the bench a lot and poach goals when we're desperate. And do little else. Both have insane strike rates.
I really don't like him as I much prefer complete footballers but if he were willing to take a role even more peripheral than that at Bayern currently, I'd take him. Do think we'd perhaps have to sell Dzeko though. Having the pair of them would cause so much balance among our forwards and reduce the number of partnerships that would work.

This is what I was trying to say, put across better. I honestly can't remember the last time we had a top strike partnership (too much rotation, perhaps?). Everyone has fond memories of Tevez and Aguero at Norwich and Newcastle (the December fixture) but they were hardly consistent together.

This is a phenomenal conversion rate:

OB1 said:
The guy doesn't touch the ball much but he scored 11 league goals form 37 shots, which is a conversion rate of almost 29%; even Messi isn't quite that clinical. Tranny and Balo have conversion rates around 15% for last season, as does Dzeko.

Gomez for Dzeko would be a good move if we replace Tevez with Cavani (18.5% conversion rate).

BlueMoonoverUS said:
ATXcitizen said:
Everything has been agreed between Bayern, Fiorentina, and Gomez. The only thing holding up the completion of this deal is the sale of Jovetic.

I hope we pick up Jovetic and Isco, sell Tevez to Juve, and Gomez and Kolarov go to Fiorentina.
This!!!

Jovetic is not a player that we need. Yes he is technically gifted and versatile but he is unproven and too inconsistent to ever make any real positive difference, Remember everything is objective and on that basis I don't see how Jovetic will improve the squad in terms of goal scoring.

Gomez on the other hand is a very underrated goalscorer and with the offensive quality we have including from wide play, he will flourish and be a fantastic goal scorer for the team. So Gomez will be a good buy if the deal is possible and Gomez, Dzeko and Aguero will be a very potent strike force. Villa is another option- although close to his twilight he can still contribute with goals for at least 2 more seasons.

So I will be happy with:

Aguero, Dzeko, Gomez, Villa, Guidetti (if we opt to replace all the strikers that have been sold and go for the standard 4 striker roster plus a youth option)

Aguero, Dzeko, Villa or Gomez, Guidetti

Aguero, Gomez, Villa, Guidetti

Thought Gomez was due to be Cavani's replacement at Napoli.

Guess ADL won't be too happy we've "entered the race" ;)

(Cavani to City still available at 8/1 btw).

Here is a list I made 2 months ago. It was slightly outdated by the end of the season but...

BIi6rdxCQAE8oAv.jpg:large

LoveCity said:
Here is a list I made 2 months ago. It was slightly outdated by the end of the season but...

That's because he stands in the box waiting for an easy chance/tap-in.
No-one has doubted he is an exceptional finisher, he just adds little else to the team.

kun said:
LoveCity said:

No-one has doubted he is an exceptional finisher, he just adds little else to the team.
tbh, a reliable finisher is exactly what we need. Gerd Muller became regarded as one of the greatest players of all time for poaching. Not the biggest fan of Gomez, but a record of 113 goals in 174 apps is hard to argue against ( I think he might actually stay at Bayern).

kun said:
LoveCity said:

But thats what we`ve been shouting out for all last season.I couldn`t give a fuck where he is as long as its in that box,something Dzeko just doesn`t understand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.