Mario, time to say goodbye?

I thought Mario did well last night.

Plenty of numpties that don't realise that the first 30 mins when Porto were pressing were hardly likely to make Mario look good as he had fuck all support whilst we were pushed back.

Had it been the other way round and Serge had started with Mario coming off bench then I don't doubt for one minute that he'd have also been on the end of the slipped in ball by Yaya for the second goal.

Rammy Blue said:

Plenty of numpties that don't realise that the first 30 mins when Porto were pressing were hardly likely to make Mario look good as he had fuck all support whilst we were pushed back.

Had it been the other way round and Serge had started with Mario coming off bench then I don't doubt for one minute that he'd have also been on the end of the slipped in ball by Yaya for the second goal.

I'm a Mario fan, but I thought he was poor last night. I'm a bit worried that his head isn't right at the minute. Hope I'm wrong.

hgblue said:
Rammy Blue said:

I'm a Mario fan, but I thought he was poor last night. I'm a bit worried that his head isn't right at the minute. Hope I'm wrong.
That's odd. Most write ups today say that he played well and I tend to agree with them.

SWP's back said:
hgblue said:
Rammy Blue said:

That's odd. Most write ups today say that he played well and I tend to agree with them.

I rate Mario very highly, but I just can't remember him doing anything last night of note. He's capable of much better imo.

i think he wil be a true legend at our club if we are allowed to nurture him through these choppy times. people WILL try and get him sent off or to react but with age and experience he will begin to see it coming and stay focused - last night in Porto was a good example of how he can play if he does what he does best .

hgblue said:
SWP's back said:
hgblue said:

I rate Mario very highly, but I just can't remember him doing anything last night of note. He's capable of much better imo.

Didn't spot him worry Porto into conceding an o.g. then?

His interplay with the likes of Silva/Yaya is much better than Dzeko's IMO.

He doesn't get enough credit for those one touch flicks (remember the derby flicks which ended in goals?) The volley he had last night was not wasteful and was the right thing to do given the ball holding up, though the placement could have been better.

All I want to see from him is that kind of performance week in week out without the reds.

OB1 said:
hgblue said:
SWP's back said:

Didn't spot him worry Porto into conceding an o.g. then?

Not being funny with you mate, but Shaun Goater could have done that. I'm talking about his all round play, which didn't particularly impress me. Maybe I'm expecting too much from him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.