Mario's attitude

CTID1974

All of the players we have at the club Mario is by far the one who makes my opinion change constantly, today, he's doing my head in again.

On the whole he's loved by the fans ( me included most days ) has by far the best song for a current player, and is rarely set upon by groups of fans for his attitude.

last nights goal was a quality finish and his first of the season, and he should've at least been happy about it, and if he was he should be showing it to the fans, i know he was quoted once as only wanting to celebrate goals against worthy opposition but i think its taking the piss now and its getting boring.

there was a thread yesterday asking which players read the forum, if you are reading this Mario, could you at least act like you give a fuck ?!

Rant over

CTID1974 said:
All of the players we have at the club Mario is by far the one who makes my opinion change constantly, today, he's doing my head in again.

On the whole he's loved by the fans ( me included most days ) has by far the best song for a current player, and is rarely set upon by groups of fans for his attitude.

last nights goal was a quality finish and his first of the season, and he should've at least been happy about it, and if he was he should be showing it to the fans, i know he was quoted once as only wanting to celebrate goals against worthy opposition but i think its taking the piss now and its getting boring.

there was a thread yesterday asking which players read the forum, if you are reading this Mario, could you at least act like you give a fuck ?!

Rant over

If you was a brick layer, and you finnished your job, would you run around and cheer? To Mario, its his day job to score. I like the 'So what, its my job?' attitude, its something different.

If City scored, and none of the fans celebrated, we'd be called rubbish fans.

How he isn't happy to score a goal, as a striker, is very weird.

He's very talented, but seems to be desperate not to make himself a sucess.

I loved his reaction to scoring the goal.

Totally deadpan. Funnier than the singing section

Doesn't matter if his performance is good, and although I maintain that a player with his ability can contribute more, he still showed some moments of real quality.

As a lone striker down the middle I think he'd be outstanding, but as a 2nd striker he needs to work on his interplay, and movement with other players. He's behind the other forwards at the moment. Of course they are all different, and at some things he is the best eg shooting

Regarding his attitude, I don't care what he does after he scores. If he has the attitude and ability to score who really cares whether he's smiling or glaring. This is unimportant. Better to keep focussed and score again

He sets his standards high and when he misses he's more emotional than when he scores.
Personally I like the fact he doesn't run round like a headless chicken, kissing the badge after he's scored
We know it does mean alot to him when he scores a goal as we've seen the cheeky little grin that appears and we also saw what it meant to him when we dumped the rags out of the cup last season

When he was at Inter, he scored a late winner in the Champions league semi final and didn't make any effort to celebrate, so he's hardly going to an "Adebayor" when he's scored against Birmingham's youth team.

lewisMCFC said:
CTID1974 said:

Rant over

If you was a brick layer, and you finnished your job, would you run around and cheer? To Mario, its his day job to score. I like the 'So what, its my job?' attitude, its something different.

think of it this way then, if he doesn't give a shit when he does score, how concerned is he when he isn't scoring......

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

He is without doubt talented but he frustrates the hell out of me with his sometimes childish antics (off the field).

He is a rough diamond and hopefully he can be shaped in the player that he has the potential to be, only time will tell.

I just hope it is us that benefits and not some other team becasue he is driven out by the media.

If he runs around like a knobhead after scoring against a crap Birmingham side everyone would call him arrogant etc - get off his case and let him get on with his job!!!

Leyth Blue said:
If he runs around like a knobhead after scoring against a crap Birmingham side everyone would call him arrogant etc - get off his case and let him get on with his job!!!

nah not having that, he didn't even jog over to thank for the assist, or raise his arm, or smile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.