Mario's attitude

lewisMCFC said:
CTID1974 said:
All of the players we have at the club Mario is by far the one who makes my opinion change constantly, today, he's doing my head in again.

On the whole he's loved by the fans ( me included most days ) has by far the best song for a current player, and is rarely set upon by groups of fans for his attitude.

last nights goal was a quality finish and his first of the season, and he should've at least been happy about it, and if he was he should be showing it to the fans, i know he was quoted once as only wanting to celebrate goals against worthy opposition but i think its taking the piss now and its getting boring.

there was a thread yesterday asking which players read the forum, if you are reading this Mario, could you at least act like you give a fuck ?!

Rant over

If you was a brick layer, and you finnished your job, would you run around and cheer? To Mario, its his day job to score. I like the 'So what, its my job?' attitude, its something different.

The only problem is, if you don't look excited to have scored, rightly or wrongly it gives the impression that you weren't that bothered whether you scored or not.

Add that to his generally <ahem> "relaxed" style of play and it only adds to the impression that maybe he isn't trying that hard, because maybe he isn't too fussed one way or another.

I am not saying this is how he thinks/feels (although it maybe, who knows) but he doesn't do himself any favours with the lack of celebrations in my view. Managers pick people who have talent and who are in form, but also who are committed and mad keen to play.

If Mario likes sitting on the bench, suggest he continues with the couldn't_give_a_toss body language. If he wants to start with Aguero every week, trying hard and being seen to be passionate would certainly help him.

CTID1974 said:
lewisMCFC said:
CTID1974 said:
All of the players we have at the club Mario is by far the one who makes my opinion change constantly, today, he's doing my head in again.

On the whole he's loved by the fans ( me included most days ) has by far the best song for a current player, and is rarely set upon by groups of fans for his attitude.

last nights goal was a quality finish and his first of the season, and he should've at least been happy about it, and if he was he should be showing it to the fans, i know he was quoted once as only wanting to celebrate goals against worthy opposition but i think its taking the piss now and its getting boring.

there was a thread yesterday asking which players read the forum, if you are reading this Mario, could you at least act like you give a fuck ?!

Rant over

If you was a brick layer, and you finnished your job, would you run around and cheer? To Mario, its his day job to score. I like the 'So what, its my job?' attitude, its something different.

think of it this way then, if he doesn't give a shit when he does score, how concerned is he when he isn't scoring......

I believe that's what went wrong against Kiev last season in that moment of madness.
He was so frustrated that he missed what can only be called a sitter, that his head exploded and he did what he did.

the goats backside said:
Mario is Mario....... what can i add, oh yes, Mario is Mario

I hear you but everyone has a brain don't they. I mean you can chose certain things in life. His not celebrating is a dumb choice.

CTID1974 said:
lewisMCFC said:
CTID1974 said:

Rant over

think of it this way then, if he doesn't give a shit when he does score, how concerned is he when he isn't scoring......
It is remarkable for a player to respond like that, but he's very likeable. I don't really know why, but he's so different

I don't really think you can be unhappy about his contribution to the game, so don't let it bother you. If he'd have been out for 2 years and scored on his debut like Hargreaves he'd have been joyful no doubt. As it was he did what he expected himself to do, although it was a classy goal

Undoubted talent but imo still didn't give their centre halves enough to deal with, must add that service was generally shite though.

CTID1974 said:
Leyth Blue said:
If he runs around like a knobhead after scoring against a crap Birmingham side everyone would call him arrogant etc - get off his case and let him get on with his job!!!

nah not having that, he didn't even jog over to thank for the assist, or raise his arm, or smile.

MarioandAlexcelebrategoalashx.jpg

I am old enough to remember when King Colin Bell was scoring wonder goals match after match, one thing he didn't do was go hysterical when the ball hit the net & he scored plenty.
It is for the fans to get emotional when a goal is scored, to give the game atmosphere. That is my thought on the matter, anyway

Chippy_boy said:
the goats backside said:
Mario is Mario....... what can i add, oh yes, Mario is Mario

I hear you but everyone has a brain don't they. I mean you can chose certain things in life. His not celebrating is a dumb choice.

Its just the way he is and will never change so we have to accept it and celebrate for him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.