Mark Bowen recalls the Hughes sacking

I haven't seen the interview but wasn't it confirmed by someone at the LMA that Hughes sought legal advice from the LMA before the game about him possibly getting sacked? I think there are a lot of stories to come out about the City regime even from the end of the Wardle regime and I look forward to reading about them whenever Gary James gets around to writing the book ;)

I still remember Mark Bowen pretty much saying we'd signed Kaka on BBC Radio.....still bitter about that one

The most obvious peice of nonsense from Bowen is that it was a suprise, Numpty phoned the managers assosiation Sat MORNING to see where he stood and was advised to attend the game as normal untill notified he was fired.

So besides being a sh*t coach he`s a liar, again no real suprise to some at the club as he was the cheif suspect in feeding fairiy stories to the media about any player ( Or accademy director, club Doctor, player liasion personel ) who disagreed with the numpty............though the numpty himself was not behind the door at feeding the press.

Mancini is saddled with a squad without a creative midfield, and a lot of over valued average players, many of whom have outstanding injury problems.

That there are still people who think hughes was anything but a blagger, given the damage that the fool did to the club, is the real suprise.

Danny Sturidge, Richard Dunne, Elano, Bodge, Jim Cassell and staff,...........even Joe Hart without a recall in the contract is down to that fool, so f*ck him, now and forever more, where ever he goes, I wish him ill.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Comes across as a decent guy but let's face facts - he wasn't up to the job. We were on a poor run and he can try and claim that we got the result we wanted that day as though evrything was rosy, but we scraped through at home against a sunderland side who were in a horrific run of form either during or straight after that and they stuck 3 past us. We were going into games relying on huff and puff and our 11 individual players on the pitch just happening to be considerably better than the oppositions

I'm just glad we got rid before the jan transfer window before hughes could blow 30 million on shawcross and bentley. Mancini was a gamble and if we don't make top 4 then I'm still glad we gambled because ther was absolutely no way we would have made the top 4 under hughes. I think we'd have struggled to make the top 7 to be honest

And the coments about us playing good attacking football under hughes which I've seen posted on here a few times are fucking laughable.

Got to agree re: phonecall to LMA, the LMA spokesman confirmed this a couple of days after the sacking, if they walked before being sacked it would have affected their payout.

We won 4-3 against Sunderland because the fire alarm was set off the night before the game at the Sunderland hotel, and that is a fucking fact. ;-) Ho Ho!

-- Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am --

blueonblue said:
The most obvious peice of nonsense from Bowen is that it was a suprise, Numpty phoned the managers assosiation Sat MORNING to see where he stood and was advised to attend the game as normal untill notified he was fired.

So besides being a sh*t coach he`s a liar, again no real suprise to some at the club as he was the cheif suspect in feeding fairiy stories to the media about any player ( Or accademy director, club Doctor, player liasion personel ) who disagreed with the numpty............though the numpty himself was not behind the door at feeding the press.

Mancini is saddled with a squad without a creative midfield, and a lot of over valued average players, many of whom have outstanding injury problems.

That there are still people who think hughes was anything but a blagger, given the damage that the fool did to the club, is the real suprise.

Got to agree re: phonecall to LMA, the LMA spokesman confirmed this a couple of days after the sacking, if they walked before being sacked it would have affected their payout.

Danny Sturidge, Richard Dunne, Elano, Bodge, Jim Cassell and staff,...........even Joe Hart without a recall in the contract is down to that fool, so f*ck him, now and forever more, where ever he goes, I wish him ill.

mcfcliam said:
So basically, after they found out the news they'd been sacked, they went to Hughes' house and got smashed?

No they went to Marks office for 2-3 hours and had few beers, then went to Marks house and got smashed

Bonol said:
Firing managers is very rarely a good idea, Hughes wasn't really given a chance, the first transfer window Robinho was thrust upon him, in the next transfer window he was never allowed to see if his decisions in the transfer market would cut the mustard, because he was fired bizarrely mid project. Mancini is a clown, lets face it, he wont get 4th and will be sacked in the summer. I beleive Mancini was down the Shieks ear telling him how much better than Hughes he was and how he will get 4th place. Mancini was the reason Huges got sacked. We are now reaping the rewards of that decision negative shite football. Look at the 2 Everton games, Moyes had Mancini in his pocket, Hughes would of set up a team to beat Everton at COMS. The whole premiership had a good old snigger when we sacked Hughes because they could see it was a stupid decision.

Well said Lob on, Hughes would have took Moyes and Everton to the cleaners, just like he did with the relegated Hull and Burnley at home.

Where's the article about the Megson sacking then? Or the Brown one? Why is his sacking such a henious crime?

Hughes had 18 months and did fuck all in most of them except spunk the Sheikh's cash. Whether he bought well or not is not the point — who couldn't in that circumstance?

Although I'm sure if Mancini had the cash, we'd have Thierry Henry, Robert Pires, and Martin Keown though...

Did not read the article, but Hughes sacking was on of the most unprofessional sackings and I have a nasty feeling it will cost us the forth. Hope I am wrong.

Hughes didin't deserve the way he was sacked but he deserved to be sacked.

he was tactically inept and would never change formations or the way we played during games, Mancini as the knowledge and bollocks to change when it doesn't look good.

Also Hughes persued RSC for so long and spent too much money on him and he is not fit to where our shirt.

LongsightM13 said:
Or being pathetically incapable of holding leads against two of this season's relegated sides at home. Or a two goal lead at home to Fulham. If we miss out on anything this year, then those three results will be pivotal. If the Taffia are so good, lets see what sort of club they end up at this summer.
Didnt we go to Hull and fail miserably, twice capitulate to Everton with no fight, surrender to United at home , fail to have a shot on target at Arsenal against a central defence partnership of Campbell and Silvestre, now employ a immobile central midfield player who offers fuck all, fuck me you need to wake up to Mancinis limitations as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.