Mark Bowen recalls the Hughes sacking

Bonol said:
Firing managers is very rarely a good idea, Hughes wasn't really given a chance, the first transfer window Robinho was thrust upon him, in the next transfer window he was never allowed to see if his decisions in the transfer market would cut the mustard, because he was fired bizarrely mid project. Mancini is a clown, lets face it, he wont get 4th and will be sacked in the summer. I beleive Mancini was down the Shieks ear telling him how much better than Hughes he was and how he will get 4th place. Mancini was the reason Huges got sacked. We are now reaping the rewards of that decision negative shite football. Look at the 2 Everton games, Moyes had Mancini in his pocket, Hughes would of set up a team to beat Everton at COMS. The whole premiership had a good old snigger when we sacked Hughes because they could see it was a stupid decision.
You are a genius of football Bonol, how did you ever come to be so wise?

Hughes and his cronies' mediocrity is what got them the sack, my guess with the timing of it is that he'd submitted his transfer list and ADUG decided they didn't fancy spunking more millions on the likes of Scott Parker and David Bentley.

Give me Hughes over Mr Negative any day. What about Mancini and standing around for an hour getting in touch with your quadrant of the field, he's an idiot. The fact he dont take that scarf of reminds me phychologicaly as someone who has yet to unpack his suitecase yet down at the Midland Hotel because he realises he aint up to the job, he's half hearted, its shows in Mancinii's body language and it shows in our players, they are not together and dont give a fuck if we get 4th. No, Mancini was a stupid appointment and if you cant see that your fucking braindead. Mancini has loads of excuses if he dont make top 4, Hughes had no excuses, but Hughes with his reputation on the line was sacked before he had even failed, thats what i cant understand.

Hang on a minute let me just get that violin out. F*ck that they were both living on borrowed time and clearly out of there depth. Half a season to long for me, they should count there lucky stars they blagged it for so long. Lets hope the damage they did can be undone I do believe that Roberto has left the door open for kingmaker Jim Cassell to return, lets hope he does.

Bonol said:
Hughes and his cronies' mediocrity is what got them the sack, my guess with the timing of it is that he'd submitted his transfer list and ADUG decided they didn't fancy spunking more millions on the likes of Scott Parker and David Bentley.

Give me Hughes over Mr Negative any day. What about Mancini and standing around for an hour getting in touch with your quadrant of the field, he's an idiot. The fact he dont take that scarf of reminds me phychologicaly as someone who has yet to unpack his suitecase yet down at the Midland Hotel because he realises he aint up to the job, he's half hearted, its shows in Mancinii's body language and it shows in our players, they are not together and dont give a fuck if we get 4th. No, Mancini was a stupid appointment and if you cant see that your fucking braindead. Mancini has loads of excuses if he dont make top 4, Hughes had no excuses, but Hughes with his reputation on the line was sacked before he had even failed, thats what i cant understand.
He's gone, get over it or go and support which ever average clubs he manages next, because I can assure you he'll never again manage a club with our ambition.

Bonol, your comments are totally out of sync, how can you justify them, there are no stats that favour MH time at City against Mancinis If 4th isnt good enough for you after only 6 months in the job, perhaps you should consider becoming a rag glory supporter!

Bobby Mancs whole demeanor is class, its obvious the players are taking time to adjust and understand tatics and developing a" if we cant win do not lose attitude" sometimes not pretty but effective. These are not his players but they are begining to respond, Fulham away, Arsenal away 2nd half, Chelsea away if it was easy then Sunderland or Bolton would be top of the league.

Irrespective of whether or not we get 4th its been a great season, and its all ahead of us now Summer transfer window it can only be good!

Forza Mancini!!

prima

I find some of these comments hard to grasp. We should always back our managers. Hughes got the squad we have now, you could argue that some of the players aren't up to it but hey! He may have been a bad 'man manager' but we played some good creative attacking football.

Bobby Manc has only been with us a couple of months and some people on here are already sticking the boot in. His tactics are what he believes to be correct for us to have a chance of winning a game and some players may disagree with his training ethics, but the guy is genuine and believes in us. Lets give him the chance that we didn't really give Hughes and get behind him and the players. I believe he'll come good. I believed Hughes would have come good, but unfortunately at that time, patience wasn't a virtue.

Comes across as a decent guy but let's face facts - he wasn't up to the job. We were on a poor run and he can try and claim that we got the result we wanted that day as though evrything was rosy, but we scraped through at home against a sunderland side who were in a horrific run of form either during or straight after that and they stuck 3 past us. We were going into games relying on huff and puff and our 11 individual players on the pitch just happening to be considerably better than the oppositions

I'm just glad we got rid before the jan transfer window before hughes could blow 30 million on shawcross and bentley. Mancini was a gamble and if we don't make top 4 then I'm still glad we gambled because ther was absolutely no way we would have made the top 4 under hughes. I think we'd have struggled to make the top 7 to be honest

And the coments about us playing good attacking football under hughes which I've seen posted on here a few times are fucking laughable.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Mancini was a gamble and if we don't make top 4 then I'm still glad we gambled because ther was absolutely no way we would have made the top 4 under hughes. I think we'd have struggled to make the top 7 to be honest

And the coments about us playing good attacking football under hughes which I've seen posted on here a few times are fucking laughable.

Completely agree with this, playing some good attacking football maybe...but given we didn't turn up for away games (and our defense didn't turn up for games in general) to even contemplate him spending more money is hideous.

Hughes made no sense, he bought established top 6 type players with the expectation of us finishing 4th.

The second part of this interview is released on Friday. He absolutely slaughters Big Mal's Cigar and offers to sort him out if their paths ever cross again. He then goes on to deny that the sky is blue.

Ricster said:
Pita said:
You are a star!!! The best comedian ever!!!!
You have convinced me...Hughes is the man!! I heard the best team in Europe are after him...if they just could remember his name!

I really cant tell if your taking the piss or not de niro.

I've said it time and time again. If Hughes was serious about his role at City, he would have seen that Bowen was the cause of his problems with shambolic defending at times.

If he considered his job to be the most important thing, then he would have moved Bowen on and brought in a defensive coach that could teach defending.

Hughes obviously valued his friendship more than he valued his job, and that cost him his job at City. He found it easy to move on Jim Cassell, so why not Bowen?

Here here. I liked Hughes and I thought he had a lot of potential to be a long term successful manager here. Ultimately he shot himself in the foot though by failing to acknowledge his own deficiencies and those of his back room staff.

To really be a top Manager you need to address your own shortcomings by bringing others in that can make up for them. For example, Fergie has always gone out of his way top get in a good number two. Hughes however was too insecure to admit he had weaknesses and wouldn't use our financial resources to bring in a top continental coach to rectify that, probably because he was worried about being overshadowed by a big name.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.