Mark Clattenburg

Never a handball,and another reason it shouldn't of been given is,in Harry Kane's own words "the referee wasn't sure if it was inside or outside"
Clattenburg pointed to the spot too quickly to of spoke to any assistant or even thought about it,the cheating **** has said he wasn't sure after he'd given it,IMO.
And as the nearest linesman would have been the one on the East Stand, and probably on the half way line, he wouldn't be in a position to advise. Neither could the linesman on the CB stand, as he had Sterling's body in the way. Both of them, therefore, in the perfect position for him to give it!

Ne
Mike them up and get them to justify the big decisions, in real time.
Would be as least as likely as my suggestion as in the prem we have certain players that like to get in the ears of refs. And the Fa would never allow poster boys like Rooney to be shown as the moaned we all know he is in front of a live audience...
Unless we somehow get it to a standard of referees word is final no matter what.

Hello everyone finally decided to join up after being a lurker for years, I should have joined years ago but better late than never.
I have to give my piece on this biased ref thread and I can safely say I'm in the camp that some refs are definitely on the take. One thing I haven't seen posted on here is the amount of times the refs blow the oppositions way nearly all game, then towards the last 15-20 minutes of a game (after the damage as normally been done) we get a flurry of free kicks in our favour normally little niggles as if to even the numbers out for the stats at the end of the game, I believe in an effort to hide the clear bias from the ref, I'm not sure if anyone else as picked up on it but certainly happens.

Mystic Mat predicts:

Mike Dean for the Rags match with Clattenberg 4th official.

Got a gut feeling...

Mystic Mat predicts:

Got a gut feeling...
I hope your wrong, Im looking forward to it, I know we just lost to spurs but I think the city of old started to appear in the second half and I think we'll destroy them, but with them two we'll be lucky to get a draw.

Mystic Mat predicts:

Got a gut feeling...

It'll be the one that the Rags have requested. I reckon it'll be Atkinson! And if Crappenberg is anywhere near this game he should be pilloried non-stop for ninety minutes.

Just out of interest has Crappenberg gone into print or verbals and apologised for probably the worst decision of the season?

So the question is then: Do you agree with what appears to be overwhelming opinion from supporters of most clubs that there is something seriously amiss with current day refereeing standards, or are we all paranoid? It seems obvious that 100.000 lemmings can't ALL be wrong, doesn't it?

On the subject of video evidence, do you seriously think that the FA/PL/PGMOL/UEFA/FIFA et al, want this introducing at the top level? There are far too many vested interests for that to happen. Well, not in my lifetime, to paraphrase a well-known (and much hated) former manager.

The thing that is seriously amiss is mostly that we are expecting humans not to err, which is ridiculous. Offside for example, how an earth is a linesman meant to look in two places at exactly the same tim, to see the precise moment a ball leaves the passer's foot and the position of the recipient ? It's always going to be fallible.

There is the money and the technology to eradicate most of this silly bollocks from the sport at top level. They do it in other flowing sports (Rugby, American Football etc).

There is this spurious bullshit notion that adopting video evidence will slow the game down, but it stops with every contentious decision anyway as refs get surrounded and there's a fucking hand bag fest. With offsides you could just let the situation play out, if they score there is a massive delay while they celebrate and everyone slowly makes their way the re-start, easily enough time for the freeze frame to be checked and a decision to be made. If they don't it's irrelevant. With serious fouls that a ref or lino hasn't spotted, again, you just stop play 10-20 seconds after the incident and bring it back to where it took place, punish the offender accordingly and move on, no more delay than if the ref had seen it and stopped play.

They should also completely ban the ludicrous debacle of players approaching refs after decisions. Watching Rooney and Co ref games for years has been very frustrating.

As for yesterday, I really think 60 pages of conspiracy theory is daft, and I say the same about all clubs and my own club when we do it - with the obvious exception of when anyone played at OT over least couple of decades, as some seriously fucked up refereeing occurred there without any doubt - and maybe Anfield too going back. I think you could say it was harsh and I could easily understand why it wouldn't be given, but I think it was daft of Sterling to jump like that and I do think it hit part of his arm - just my honest opinion - so I don't think it was a controversial as some - Vardy hanging his left leg into Monreal for example against Arsenal yesterday.

I also don't understand the "it's OK for Clattenberg (or any ref) not to book players for clearly yellow card offences because it's early in the game" bollocks? What does it matter what minute it is, you're booking the offence not the time? And I think Yaya and City got away with 4 or 5 cardable offences before Clattenberg then booked Dier for probably tottenham's first cardable offence.

I'm not trying to WUM anyone up, I like being able to go on different forums and I hate the infantile tribalism that often exists the minute anyone who isn't a fan of that club appears - and believe me I see it on my own teams forum as well - I genuinely try to take a pragmatic and honest stance with regards to the game.

I've been a big defender of City elsewhere as I'm sure you are aware you are now perceived as a club who's bought their way to success unfairly - I think that's bollocks, in as much as all clubs buy their way to success and how are teams outside the old money uber club ever going to catch up without perfectly legal financial legs ups from generous benefactors. Why should the status quo be preserved just so the same clubs can reap the benefit and grow whilst the rest of us have to settle for being also rans with the odd 15 minutes of glory in a cup etc.

And while I'm at it I'd add that I was also fucking delighted that Pep chose ManC - I really didn't think he would - for exactly the same reason. I'm looking forward to having him in the Prem and the apoplectically suicidal reaction from ManU fans was priceless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.