Mark Duggan documentary on BBC1

willipp

Watching the mark duggan documentary on BBC. To me it looks yet another police investigation full of lies. He may well of been up to no good, but a cover up for me.

There is no way that the gun ended up 14ft away and not one of the 11 armed officers seen how it got there.
It could have, if he threw it before he got out of the mini cab, they were focussing on him at that stage.

I thought it had hints of some things being covered up without doubt, but I don't think anything was particularly convincing, and the witness that saw the gun taken from the taxi was very unconvincing (even to a jury), and from the footage a long way away to see it clearly.

Also the man who shot him clearly feared for his and others lives, put yourself in his split second decision, would you have shot, or waited to be shot ? Its a no brainer for him, the forensic expert evidence about what Duggan did, and where the shots hit him, were enough for him to shoot.

A very good documentary, but hard to draw any conclusions for me.

It could have, if he threw it before he got out of the mini cab, they were focussing on him at that stage.

I thought it had hints of some things being covered up without doubt, but I don't think anything was particularly convincing, and the witness that saw the gun taken from the taxi was very unconvincing (even to a jury), and from the footage a long way away to see it clearly.

Also the man who shot him clearly feared for his and others lives, put yourself in his split second decision, would you have shot, or waited to be shot ? Its a no brainer for him, the forensic expert evidence about what Duggan did, and where the shots hit him, were enough for him to shoot.

A very good documentary, but hard to draw any conclusions for me.

I agree that the officer that shot Mark probably had no choice but to shoot and maybe he did throw the gun before leaving the taxi.

Am I right in saying that 2 separate officers claimed to have found the weapon? I need to watch it again as I wasnt fully concentrating.

Am I right in saying that 2 separate officers claimed to have found the weapon? I need to watch it again as I wasnt fully concentrating.
It would appear so, that is how I understood it while watching, but then a witness also said she saw a police officer take the gun from the taxi, and her evidence was treated as unreliable by a jury.

Like I said, I thought the way the programme was presented was very good, but its hard to draw any real conclusions from the actual evidence presented (and I'm sure the jury had far more than the BBC presented), and I think the BBC was trying to influence opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.