Mark Hughes and the Transfer Window

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I actually really feel sorry for him, as some of you might know, I don't feel he is the right man for the job. However, he is in a can't win situation now, the hopes of the fans are so high right now that anything less than 4 or 5 superstars will seem like a dreadful disappointment and the likes of RSC, Bellamy and Parker will do more to fan the Hughes-out campaign than doing nothing.

Not wanting Bellamy and Parker doesn't mean that you're only going to be happy with superstars. I'd rather no-one than them two.

Obviously we all want to see world names at the club but I for one would not be disappointed to see us sign RSC etc. We can't expect to be able to go out and buy anyone we want yet. The squad needs strengthening, remember it is the close, hard fought matches we have lost this season. We need toughening up a bit. For the short term it is the likes of RSC and a Parker type player who will help us pick up tough points.

Sunday was very pleasing, we started to show some fighting spirit, hopefully that will continue. We have many good players and must still target a top 6 finish. I believe it is still possible if we win the tough games. We all know that on our day we can destroy teams but they are not the games that will get us up the table.

I think we will see at least one star name anyway but we cannot hope to replicate the galacticos at this stage.

The players below, I believe are capable of playing for a very good team. Look at where Villa are, I think any of them could get in Villa's team either now or in a year or two.

Hart
Kompany
Zabaleta
Ireland
Robinho
Petrov
SWP
Bojinov

We need to add some much needed strength into that team. As hard as SWP, Ireland and Robinho work they aren't going to win the ball in the air very often.

The start to the season has been very disappointing but we have some good players. I think we will do much better in the second half of the season and move up the league.

The future is bright.

moomba said:
I actually really feel sorry for him, as some of you might know, I don't feel he is the right man for the job. However, he is in a can't win situation now, the hopes of the fans are so high right now that anything less than 4 or 5 superstars will seem like a dreadful disappointment and the likes of RSC, Bellamy and Parker will do more to fan the Hughes-out campaign than doing nothing.

Not wanting Bellamy and Parker doesn't mean that you're only going to be happy with superstars. I'd rather no-one than them two.

I made the same point on the transfer board signing no one and not getting Bellamy would work for me, but hopes are sky high right now.

masterwig said:
Obviously we all want to see world names at the club but I for one would not be disappointed to see us sign RSC etc. We can't expect to be able to go out and buy anyone we want yet. The squad needs strengthening, remember it is the close, hard fought matches we have lost this season. We need toughening up a bit. For the short term it is the likes of RSC and a Parker type player who will help us pick up tough points.

Sunday was very pleasing, we started to show some fighting spirit, hopefully that will continue. We have many good players and must still target a top 6 finish. I believe it is still possible if we win the tough games. We all know that on our day we can destroy teams but they are not the games that will get us up the table.

I think we will see at least one star name anyway but we cannot hope to replicate the galacticos at this stage.

The players below, I believe are capable of playing for a very good team. Look at where Villa are, I think any of them could get in Villa's team either now or in a year or two.

Hart
Kompany
Zabaleta
Ireland
Robinho
Petrov
SWP
Bojinov

We need to add some much needed strength into that team. As hard as SWP, Ireland and Robinho work they aren't going to win the ball in the air very often.

The start to the season has been very disappointing but we have some good players. I think we will do much better in the second half of the season and move up the league.

The future is bright.

I think you are right, and we are very close to a VERY good side, the season though has been disappointing and a lot players have taken a step backwards(mostly players already here). I also think that the fixture list was very unkind to us, Hughes has had trouble adjusting to a new club. However, unlike you I wasn't happy with Sunday, even though I was there until the end, I thought we where held by a poor side that knocked us off our game far to easily, and it's not simply a question of trying to match the other side by kicking them off the park, it's about imposing our game on them. That is where I worry about the players we MIGHT bring in.

We are weak in key areas. The centre of defence has been very shakey. Left back still remains a weak point. Our centre forwards aren't good enough. And in the centre of midfield we are weak.

The weaknesses are killing us and cancel out the good players to be honest. Hughes' signings have been good so far and I trust him to improve the squad in the transfer window. We will get there. 2009 will be an unforgettable year for Manchester City.

i trust MH with our money to spend on players. but if he decides to sell a few players that most fans want to stay and become very sucsessfull at the club (elano, caeicedo, michael johnson) i fear that most cty fans would get on his back even more and not show any support for MH.

moomba said:

So you'd rather we signed no-one than signed two players who would clearly strengthen our squad because you and a few muppets don't like them...

Priceless...

For the record, I think Hughes will do just fine this window. He seems pretty calm, knows who he wants, and what he wants to pay for those players...he's in a much better position than 99% of the other football managers out there...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.