Mark Hughes.... Did it seem right??

Did it seem right? No.

I hated him when he was a player and cannot see why everyone thinks he's a great manager. To sack Sven and bring in Hughes is nonsensical, I just don't understand it.

I look at the bloke now and feel nothing. I don't hate him like I used to, but I can't take to him either. He isn't right for this Club in my opinion. So partly his rag background, partly his managerial record.

Having said all that, I was very impressed with the way he dealt with the off-pitch goings on last week.

Maybe he'll turn out to be a big success here, maybe he won't. I remain convinced though that somewhere, somehow in the future he will shit on us from a great height.

Who the hell do you think would come to us if we sacked Hughes now, Surely you cannot think that this is the best thing for our club?

scorer said:
Don Howe said:
What precisely did you expect him to win with Wales and Blackburn? And what ineptitude? I bet you can't even name a single example.

What utter crap.

Dont like his quality (lack of) and style (thuggish) of football... will they do for starters?

Be positive..
34npfh5.jpg

I was less than impressed by the appointment of Hughes but then I was expecting Scolari :)

The man does not inspire and I can't see me warming to him however the fact remains we have Mark Hughes because he was the best we could get. I am sure as fans we aspire to have someone better to manage us but then Hughes probably aspires to manage a bigger club - well at least one that is bleeding competent anyway.

And as things are turning out appointing a manager with a record of buying good players at reasonable prices could come in pretty handy this season. Off the field he has weathered the storm pretty well and certainly enhanced his reputation. On the field I am happy to see that he is continuing to try and play a passing game although he has dropped some major bollocks on tactics and team selection - Haim at LB; not sticking with 451 and having Hamann in the team to name but three. Oh and losing your two opening games isn't the brightest thing in the world either nor does it inspire confidence.

We will not though get relegated. We have too much quality and Hughes has enough PL experience to see to that. I can't see us getting top 6 either but then again the original 3 year plan received the last rites when Sven left and Hughes has been left to oversee the formal burial (it was a short but moving service and Frank sent condolences). So we are left with a top 10 finish and a good cup run as our goals for this year and if we exceed them that then I will consider that a very successful season.

But back to your original question - no it still doesn't seem right.

But it may given time.

scorer said:
sky tot said:
scorer who would you have liked to be appointed the city manager ?

Good question. I would have preferred Sven to have stayed above appointing Hughes.

Other candidates we may have been able to lure maybe Hiddink? Possibly Ranieri? But there would be many names above Hughes.... including Redknapp.
redknap woudnt come ,turned Newcastle down.
hiddink ,ranieri both ok but seriously dont think they would have come to city.
and as for sven weren`t fussed either way when he was sacked,but thats another thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.