Mark Hughes has alot to answer for.

I get the feeling were still going to be talking about Hughes for another 12months. Cooke and Marwood force unwanted signings on the Managers FACT, Cooke and Marwood get involved with team selections FACT... The truth will eventually come out unfortunately legal agreements and money buys silence

I'm guessing the 08 is your age then.

Adebayor is our second top scorer with 9 goals.

Lescott has been our best defender since his return.

We were always gonna overpay for players, that isn't gonna change whoever we have in charge.

How dare he play some of the most exciting attacking football seen in Sky Blue shirts for 25 years.........battering the likes of Arsenal (twice) & Chelsea who usually both pummel us. Then he dared to get us to a semi-final and on course for 4th place, all in 18 months. What a dick ;P

BlueMoonWalker said:
IMO the board should have stepped in and stopped the RSC transfer.

Learn and move on.

I don't think Ric has that much influence just yet!

Lescott is a class defender, looking like he's well worth the money, he's been our best defender all season and he's missed over a month.

RSC was a sicknote, Toure i'm not impressed, adebayor is hot and cold and de jong is just class, he will be worth the 16million.

Brendan110_0 said:
How dare he play some of the most exciting attacking football seen in Sky Blue shirts for 25 years.........battering the likes of Arsenal (twice) & Chelsea who usually both pummel us. Then he dared to get us to a semi-final and on course for 4th place, all in 18 months. What a dick ;P

While I don't necessarily agree with the op, we played some mind numbingly boring football under Hughes and we weren't on target for a top 4 ace when he left.

All managers make mistakes in the transfer market, with our money our mistakes are going to look even worse.

I didn't agree with his overall strategy in the transfer market, but he did improve the squad even if it did cost us too much.

It will be interesting to see how many of Hughes signings will be a part of our first title success, I'm guessing not many.

JUSTBLUE08 said:
If ever a manager spent and wasted so much money in the history of football it has to be thec one and only ex rag ...Mark Hughes. lets look at some of the rubbish buys and the costs.

Number 1 /.....Addie ...£25 million.. Number 2/ Lescott ...£25 million...Number 3/ Santa Cruz ...£18 million...4/ Toure ...£12 million.. paying 50% to much for De Jong ..Bridge..Bellamy..( knees /age ). and overspend of £100 million plus .

In addition all the top players would not play for him as a manager which is how he figured in the world standings. NEVER AGAIN PLEASE.

You have to remember that we were always going to have to pay over the odds for players because of our financial situation.

As for the signings, Adebayor is a top class striker when he can be bothered, and when he can't he still seems to score. Lescott had a shaky start but his form improved just before his injury and has looked decent since returning. Santa Cruz I won't argue with, £18m for a sick note is unreal. Toure isn't my favourite player either, I wish he'd realise he's a full back not a centre back.

As for De Jong, we had to pay that much to avoid other teams snapping him up in the summer. We were made to pay over the odds for Bridge by Chelsea but you can't say Bellamy hasn't been worth every penny.

moomba said:
Brendan110_0 said:

While I don't necessarily agree with the op, we played some mind numbingly boring football under Hughes and we weren't on target for a top 4 ace when he left.

All managers make mistakes in the transfer market, with our money our mistakes are going to look even worse.

I didn't agree with his overall strategy in the transfer market, but he did improve the squad even if it did cost us too much.

It will be interesting to see how many of Hughes signings will be a part of our first title success, I'm guessing not many.

Did you watch the games????????????? Crazy statement, take your blindfold off.

Has any team ever tried Toure out in DM position? Just a thought as I'd much rather have Lescott and Kompany as our CB partnership and if Mancini doesn't want to drop Toure maybe he could be the extra midfielder he needs. I think Toure seems poor in the air and a little clueless at organising a defence but he's always decent with the ball at his feet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.