Mark Hughes has alot to answer for.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Has any team ever tried Toure out in DM position? Just a thought as I'd much rather have Lescott and Kompany as our CB partnership and if Mancini doesn't want to drop Toure maybe he could be the extra midfielder he needs. I think Toure seems poor in the air and a little clueless at organising a defence but he's always decent with the ball at his feet.

Toure started out as DM only moved to CB when he joined Arsenal.

Lescott was amazing for us so I cant see how he has just become a bad player over night. I think maybe it comes down to management style. In a way I'm happy we got the money for him as we now have a stronger squad and a just as good if not better player in Johnny Hietinga is has become a cult figure.

I was not a fan of Hughes but I did recognize that he could spot a decent player better than he could coach them.

Kompany, de Jong are good examples.

Obviously all our buys were going to cost a bit more and he did have a few blind spots eg RSC and pursuing Lescott, a decent player, but way overpriced.

It was more the overall balance of the players brought in that was/is the problem.

Too many strikers. We already had a few. Bellamy, Caicedo and Boj. Did we need 3 more?

Now we are extremely light in the creative midfield area.

It will be interesting to find out who has a future at the end of the season.

TAD said:
I get the feeling were still going to be talking about Hughes for another 12months. Cooke and Marwood force unwanted signings on the Managers FACT, Cooke and Marwood get involved with team selections FACT... The truth will eventually come out unfortunately legal agreements and money buys silence

spot on lad.

Brendan110_0 said:
How dare he play some of the most exciting attacking football seen in Sky Blue shirts for 25 years.........battering the likes of Arsenal (twice) & Chelsea who usually both pummel us. Then he dared to get us to a semi-final and on course for 4th place, all in 18 months. What a dick ;P

^^^^^^^ I agree with this and some may wonder why the rags call us berties. Hughes could have won the leauge and the carling cup, but to the Anti MH brigade it still wouldnt have been good enougth. How sad!

TAD said:
I get the feeling were still going to be talking about Hughes for another 12months. Cooke and Marwood force unwanted signings on the Managers FACT, Cooke and Marwood get involved with team selections FACT... The truth will eventually come out unfortunately legal agreements and money buys silence

Bullshit. Absolute bullshit

de niro said:
TAD said:

spot on lad.

If this is the case Cooke & Marwood should be had over this and sacked.
I'd rather have a technical director and Cheif exec with a track record of success in football as a TD & CEO

Brendan110_0 said:
How dare he play some of the most exciting attacking football seen in Sky Blue shirts for 25 years.........battering the likes of Arsenal (twice) & Chelsea who usually both pummel us. Then he dared to get us to a semi-final and on course for 4th place, all in 18 months. What a dick ;P

LOL at 'the most exciting attacking football seen in Sky Blue shirts for 25 years', just lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.