Mark Hughes Special One.

fallowfieldflyer

Having not jumped on the forum straight after the barcodes game so to give myself time to think and not jump in with both feet,i would like to know the census on the statement hughesy said after the game saying that them going down to 10 men didn't help us ?.In my mind we should have gone on from that point and murdered them,instead WE took the sting out of the game by playing nothing balls across the back four with no purpose to get forward and get the next goal which would have killed the game off,why no tactical change when they went down to 10 men,take TBH off go 3 at the back extra midfielder on ie elano,thats only one option,what dId hughes do ? NOTHING,If this looks like a rant at hughes then maybe it is,people keep saying give it time things will work out,if they gave me 4 years i would work it out and i bet im not the only one who could.We have dropped points recently when in my opinion a top class manager would not have.Richard Dunne looks like he has lost all his confidence,there's one thing you need in abundance and thats confidence to be a top player,whats hughes doing to address this problem ?.Is the job to big for hughesy,i want hughesy to succeed,but what i am seeing at the moment makes it look like we are treading water.

I agree with some of your points (us not killing the game off versus Newcastle and I too thought it was crying out for Elano to come on, also Hughes making the odd mistake here and there).
However, we are most certainly not treading water. We are making progress all of the time - it's just that because it's two steps forward, one step back, people complain when we take the one step back.

Try not to sound like those Arsenal fans who moan about Wenger or the rags who wanted Bacon Face out when they went three years without winning the title because they were in transition. Building a great side doesnt happen over night and it is better to build slowly because then the foundations are that much stronger.

PATIENCE.

as ive said many times over the past couple of months,i will judge mark hughes as a manager and how he may or may not take us forward at the end of the season.

I hope i don't sound like a arsenal fan !,im a born city fan who wants the best for his team,i have patience and i know that the team is going through a transitional period,but my point is do we have the tools in the box on the managerial side,having the best players does not guarantee having the best team but having the best manager who can instill confidence and belief in the players and giving them a system of play that they understand and carry out on the pitch will give us a team who will be competing for honours.

As long as he learns from his mistakes I will forgive him the odd error of judgement or 2 .. it will take time getting used to the team, the tactics, the best way to play in certain situations etc ..

give the man time.
mark hughes is the best man for the job at the moment. the newcastle game was a poor game but we still had the player's on the pitch who are good enough to win then game's even if elano was on the bench give the team time and i think they will come good.

p.s
rome was not built in a day

I agrre with a number of points in the original post, but I think it fair to say that we had enough flair players on the pitch without putting Elano on. We had SWP, Ireland, Robinho and Jo. Quite honestly they shouls have been enough. I would first like the players to satnd up and be counted. They should have first and foremost been ablt to kill the gmae without needing tactical switches. i do think however, Elano could have come on in the 2nd half.

The players themselves should have took the game by the neck.Ten.bhm had ample time on the ball with acres of space opening up infront of him but constantly checked his runs and played square or back-He had Kompany for cover and should have used that space to push the Newcastle back 4 further back-The captain Dunne should have rosted Robinio for playing deep too many times.After we scored 1st we kept too much posession in our own 3rd-in short we defended for them....

The players need to be more accountable, we can't blame Hughes for most of monday night, we cant blame him for one of his most consistent players scoring an own goal and we can't blame him for Newcastle fighting for a draw at home and putting every man infront of the goal, when he doesnt have a top squad to work with yet. Teams like Liverpool and Utd can break through that because they have some of the best midfielders and strikers in the world, we have one world class player and a lot of international players.

We should be comparing ourselves and Hughes to Villa and Martin O Neil. MON is one of the best managers in the league and has a lot more experience than Hughes does, and not only that but hes had a lot more than just 3 or 4 months to work with his team. Our squad won't be Hughes' team until next season where most players are his signings.

This is what I never understand about our own fans, we have the patience to wait 30+ years with no title but we don't have the patience to wait one or two seasons to let Hughes get the job done. He's had an immediate impact on the squad for fuck sake, we're playing better now than we did under Sven, the problem is most other teams have improved as well and we aren't taking them by surprise, they know how to handle players like Elano now.

Sack Hughes and get someone else in, anyone will do, there are loads on here who could do a better job than him and if they fuck up after a fortnight we can sack em.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.