Marketing of the women's game

How the hell are they expecting the women's game to prosper in England with the salary cap, all the best players are going abroad where they can earn more money. Some clowns would have the mens game go the same way, with the same fate.
Also switching from Summer to Winter means that I hardly ever go to watch them now, the minihad is like the Arctic during the season as it is now.

Go back to a Summer game and the fans suffering withdrawl symptons because the mens team was not playing, might turn up to watch the ladies like I used to do.

Go back to a Summer game and the fans suffering withdrawl symptons because the mens team was not playing, might turn up to watch the ladies like I used to do.
i'd rather have my piles treated as a way of taking my mind off watching the mens team

any future sponsers watching todays game on tv will think fuck that!

It wasnt great was it ! One man and his dog !.

I am not sure how to build the woman's game but I think like City if the teams played actually at their clubs home ground it might in more fans.

If I go to watch City ladies at home on the City campus, where as other teams like spurs ladies play home games where every that was ! The spurs home ground game even had another teams name on the seats lol. The team might use spurs as a name but dont play at spurs the same with most other ladies teams.

Perhaps it wouldn't make any difference but how can a ladies team using a premiership clubs name feel part of that club when they are shipped out to timbuktu for home games ?

The marketing, when it rears it's head, is generally over-hyped with the notion that there is but a wafer thin gap between the men's game and the women's game. The increased attendances are a by-product of the England success but I can't see them being maintained. The World Cup next year will no doubt see an upturn in interest but you'll never get the spectacle of sport at the highest level compared to what we saw when the Rags got the battering!

As someone who is a fan of the women's game, this is an awkward truth that always creates a split between "football fans who follow women's football" and "people on Twitter who argue the toss but don't watch or support it"

The whole "so empowering, hear women roar" bit just makes it feel like homework. Im not watching the WSL to feel like its history being made, im watching a game of football. And it caters to people that aren't putting their money in anyway.

You have quality, entertaining players in the sport who have got marketable traits, but there's this incessant need to compare to the men. They're never going to play each other. You cant complain that the trolls bring up stuff like the USA team and the FC Dallas U15 boys and then in the same breath claim that the Women's World Cup and the Men's World Cup are remotely comparable in overall quality.

Even with FIFA 23 this year, you know what attention you're bringing by making Alexia Putellas the highest rated player on the game. You're provoking an audience that is already pretty shitty about women's football by ranking her higher than Benzema, KDB, Lewandowski etc. This isn't a shot at Putellas either.

Just let them be their own thing. Stop trying to adjust the curve you're grading them on to compare to men's football and actually promote it on its own merit rather than pandering with the "empowerment" schtick.

As someone who is a fan of the women's game, this is an awkward truth that always creates a split between "football fans who follow women's football" and "people on Twitter who argue the toss but don't watch or support it"

The whole "so empowering, hear women roar" bit just makes it feel like homework. Im not watching the WSL to feel like its history being made, im watching a game of football. And it caters to people that aren't putting their money in anyway.

You have quality, entertaining players in the sport who have got marketable traits, but there's this incessant need to compare to the men. They're never going to play each other. You cant complain that the trolls bring up stuff like the USA team and the FC Dallas U15 boys and then in the same breath claim that the Women's World Cup and the Men's World Cup are remotely comparable in overall quality.

Even with FIFA 23 this year, you know what attention you're bringing by making Alexia Putellas the highest rated player on the game. You're provoking an audience that is already pretty shitty about women's football by ranking her higher than Benzema, KDB, Lewandowski etc. This isn't a shot at Putellas either.

Just let them be their own thing. Stop trying to adjust the curve you're grading them on to compare to men's football and actually promote it on its own merit rather than pandering with the "empowerment" schtick.
I'll continue watching MCWFC for as long as I can get to The Academy. I've long held that the women's game can hold its own as a spectacle, and I was enticed to watching them in the first place for a couple of reasons. They play in the City kits, and I was interested in how they would deliver the game on the pitch. I've not been too disappointed!

I'll continue watching MCWFC for as long as I can get to The Academy. I've long held that the women's game can hold its own as a spectacle, and I was enticed to watching them in the first place for a couple of reasons. They play in the City kits, and I was interested in how they would deliver the game on the pitch. I've not been too disappointed!

Agree. I think the games are great and the quality is good. I'm not sure what some people expect sometimes - I think the comparisons happen with just about every league - ie. see a goal in Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Scots Prem, League 2... wherever, people say it would have been stopped in the Prem, or something similar.

Makes no odds what could/should have happened, I don't know why there is the constant need for comparison and to belittle. Just watch the football, cheer them on, and enjoy it as much as you can with Taylor in charge... :)

Agree. I think the games are great and the quality is good. I'm not sure what some people expect sometimes - I think the comparisons happen with just about every league - ie. see a goal in Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Scots Prem, League 2... wherever, people say it would have been stopped in the Prem, or something similar.

Makes no odds what could/should have happened, I don't know why there is the constant need for comparison and to belittle. Just watch the football, cheer them on, and enjoy it as much as you can with Taylor in charge... :)
Thankfully, we're all over in the East Stand so he's just a smudgy figure on the other touchline. I only think of GT when an hour has passed and we're only a goal up, And then ten mins later I'm thinking WTF is he doing with no subs yet!

I feel exactly the same way. And I've been a huge Lauren Hemp fan since she ran Chelsea ragged in early 2020. Hope she stays in sky blue for years to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.