Marouane Fellaini

Look mate i think you have a really nice balanced squad that can do great stuff this year but your just presuming that if you get a good start unlike previous years you are sorted cause the second half of the season you smash it.... who says you will automatically smash the second half again? You may do amazing first half then shit second half.

I don't assume we're going to smash the second half of the season, I expect what we don't usually do in the first half and beat the absolute shite that the rest of the league is. No more losing to Stoke, Bolton and QPR at home and drawing with the likes of Blackburn, Aston Villa and Wolves at home too.

If you assume Fellani would cost north of £25m and then compare his productivity in terms of goals, assists and key passes last season to Rodwell's, Rodwell looks good value. I also think Rodwell has plenty of scope to improve the attacking side of his game and is already consistently a more accurate passer than Fellani.

Everton will be in with a shout of a Europa League place, they've certainly got the team for that, but I really can't see them qualifying for the Champion's League. Everton don't have the quality in their starting eleven, or the strength in depth, to be a Champion's League side. They will be forever hamstrung by the need for a new stadium. Goodison Park is way past its best and Everton need a newer, bigger stadium in order to progress. Unfortunately the current owners simply can't afford a new stadium, and potential future owners are put off by the huge cost buidling a new stadium will, effectively, add to any purchase price. One of the main reasons City were taken over was the virtually brand new stadium, as well as the huge areas of land surrounding it available for development and expansion. Everton have neither of these things, their stadium isn't sufficient for modern footballing needs, and it's location gives little room for redevelopment.

OB1 said:
If you assume Fellani would cost north of £25m and then compare his productivity in terms of goals, assists and key passes last season to Rodwell's, Rodwell looks good value. I also think Rodwell has plenty of scope to improve the attacking side of his game and is already consistently a more accurate passer than Fellani.
Rodwell isn't in the same league as Fellaini. As someone who has watched Rodwell a lot more than you. Not one supporter last night was arsed we lost him. Brilliant pass for that Southampton goal though.

ImBlue said:
OB1 said:
Rodwell isn't in the same league as Fellaini. As someone who has watched Rodwell a lot more than you. Not one supporter last night was arsed we lost him. Brilliant pass for that Southampton goal though.

We only signed Jack Rodwell to increase our brand awareness with the pron addicts.

They would never have sold him now. It would have turned into Lescott again.

He is a decent player I would be very surprised if he is still at Everton at the start of next season.

ImBlue said:
OB1 said:

Do you understand the concept of value for money?

OB1 said:
ImBlue said:
OB1 said:

Do you understand the concept of value for money?
Of course. You could buy Fellaini for £50m and it would still represent better value for money than buying Rodwell. Rodwell will never be better than Fellaini, he'll never be close to being better than him. You'll find out for yourself I guess.

ImBlue said:
OB1 said:
This is pretty much word for word what Arsenal fans were saying about Clichy this time last year. And I have the same sense of quiet confidence as I had over that deal 12 months ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.