Marrakech

Thanks for the replies!

Staying just by the Square I think so should be alright! Heard that you can get a lot of hassle, but I think you need to expect that really!

Was gonna ask about booze. Is it easy to come by?!

I'd def suggest a trip out to the Atlas mountains.

Once you've done the main souk a couple of times there ain't a lot else to look at to be honest.
The mountains are nice though.

Few places do booze around the square, touts will be hassling you to go there so no problem finding em

My Mother just came back on Monday from here...She paid £55 for this Argan Oil?

Lol, I searched on Amazon and found that shit for sale at £10

Seems a few scammers around selling it.

Why Always Ste said:
My Mother just came back on Monday from here...She paid £55 for this Argan Oil?

Lol, I searched on Amazon and found that shit for sale at £10

Seems a few scammers around selling it.

If you do the mountains trip in a Taxi (and I'd recommend it) they'll probably take you to a women's cooperative that makes Argan Oil...and the products are pricey.

Le Tobsil is the best restaurant in town...don't be put off by the giant in robes guarding the door...

goats_eating_atop_argan_tree.jpg

Great place, straight back to the middle ages in the Jamel Hafna, felt really at home. If you get a car it's worth a trip to Essaouira on the coast to see what Jimmi Hendrix liked - don't ask how they get the oil after the goats have eaten the nuts tho'.

You can booze but it's not for sale all over the place. I found one dodgy bar and one offy type place.Upmarket places might be better but I don't get in places like that!

softlad said:
Anyone ever been?

Going next Friday for 4 days and looking for some tips / ideas on where to go and what to see!!

If you are taking the missus make sure she has long skirts, keeps her arms covered etc. If she is blonde she will be stared at. I was with a tall blonde girl and she got a lot of attention. Was offered 500 camels for her :)

Also if offered drugs say no. The sellers are often policemen.

If you have any old City shirts you dont want take them as anything PL related can be used to barter. I had an old umbro rainproof which i was offered any leather jacket in a shop for. Sadly didnt find one to fit me :(

I found Morrocans in general to be a warm friendly people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.