Martin Ødegaard

graham baker said:
Brian Kidd i Norway today to have a close look at Ødegaard.

Not for the first time, and probably not the last time either.

He looks a talent for sure and I can see why we are one of many who are interested.

dachoosen1 said:
If he signs anywhere else we should cut ties with Strømsgodset, the city FC group loan them solid players, I assume without a fee and with us continuing to pay the player wages and when them bring through what looks to be a promising talent we don't seem to get first option what a joke. Not saying he should automatically join us but he should have at least trained and played afew games with the EDS/U-18's, before Strømsgodset sell him.
Have they actually sold him? No? Take a chill pill son and calm down.

Strømsgodset confirmed in the norwegian papers that more than 25 clubs from around Europe, including Real M, Liverpool and City, was present at yersterdays match.

dachoosen1 said:
If he signs anywhere else we should cut ties with Strømsgodset, the city FC group loan them solid players, I assume without a fee and with us continuing to pay the player wages and when them bring through what looks to be a promising talent we don't seem to get first option what a joke. Not saying he should automatically join us but he should have at least trained and played afew games with the EDS/U-18's, before Strømsgodset sell him.

A little strong, but I get the sentiments. As City have such a strong link to Strømsgodset, and have provided them with several players over the years, including currently, that should really give us an advantage, and preferential treatment, when it comes to signing their players. We really should have "first refusal" on anyone they produce, doesn't mean they will agree to sign with us, but we certainly should be able to speak to the player, and put forward our proposal, before anyone else gets a look in.

Matty said:
dachoosen1 said:

A little strong, but I get the sentiments. As City have such a strong link to Strømsgodset, and have provided them with several players over the years, including currently, that should really give us an advantage, and preferential treatment, when it comes to signing their players. We really should have "first refusal" on anyone they produce, doesn't mean they will agree to sign with us, but we certainly should be able to speak to the player, and put forward our proposal, before anyone else gets a look in.

Well, you can see a pattern here, isn't it ?
It seems we always end swept out as soon as we have any star player or quality prospect as targets.

ZZmaestro said:
Matty said:
dachoosen1 said:

Well, you can see a pattern here, isn't it ?
It seems we always end swept out as soon as we have any star player or quality prospect as targets.
You're right there bud, I mean look what happened when we went for Silva, Aguero, Yaya etc etc....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.