Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demichelis out - six weeks

His experience showed tonight as I expected.
Hoping to see more of him.

Looked comfortable on the ball for the majority of the game but he did show signs of being nervous, there were numerous times he would get dragged into midfield or smash the ball out for a throwing or corner when he could have tried to play it out from the back.

It was his debut, I don't think he wanted to take many chances.

I do think it will be Kompany and Demichelis making up our primary central defensive partnership this season though.

Stoned Rose said:
Very good debut IMO.

The fact we conceded that last second goal will cloud most posters' memory of how well he played today.

Vinny and Demi from now on.

Nasty needs a rest.

Spot on and that's from Nasty's biggest fan.

Played well, bit shaky in the first half but Pellegrini himself said that it was a slight risk having him debut away at Chelsea. May have been smarter to have him play second half in Mascow with his new defensive partner (Nastasic) and Hart to get an understanding going, but otherwise the player looked assured and better as the match wore on.

Another who is probably more suited to a defensive role in a midfield three,Barryesque...... I think he lacks the agility and pace to be in our first choice pairing.

The first half,as expected,he was very rusty and had little to no cohesion with his peers,the second was much better for him personally although again as a unit i thought we lacked communication and unity,without Komps we are rudderless.

He looked good today, the only thing missing was his positioning in regards to his partnership with Nasty which is only reasonable considering it was there first game together. Felt sorry for Nasty with the second goal can't believe Hart tried to blame him for Joe's error by saying he shouted for the ball. I agree now to give Martin a run with Komps.

Saw people faulting Demichelis' positioning on their first, but he's thoroughly in last ditch land in my opinion. Nicking it without scoring it was always going to be incredibly hard. Nastasic getting out of the way, and possibly even Joe not being prepared for the cross were far more at fault. Of course, the real blame lies with Clichy, that was simply atrocious defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.