Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demichelis out - six weeks

MSP said:
Always was good defender, BayernBlade is just oo cocky nowadays so his shitness doesn't let him recognize that.

Not world's beater but certainly very good and experienced defender. He scores a goal or two too on set pieces. Not sure how much he will contribute with his age and this injury but he was not expensive and is good player to have around.

He is, and was, a decent defender but he wouldn't get in the side much now, good on his day but was far too error prone. I don't really understand the bit in red, as regards being cocky well I am not intentionally so but I suppose it would be understandable given last seasons successes, it certainly wouldn't affect my judgement of Demichelis or any other player though.

bayern blade said:
MSP said:
Always was good defender, BayernBlade is just oo cocky nowadays so his shitness doesn't let him recognize that.

Not world's beater but certainly very good and experienced defender. He scores a goal or two too on set pieces. Not sure how much he will contribute with his age and this injury but he was not expensive and is good player to have around.

He is, and was, a decent defender but he wouldn't get in the side much now, good on his day but was far too error prone. I don't really understand the bit in red, as regards being cocky well I am not intentionally so but I suppose it would be understandable given last seasons successes, it certainly wouldn't affect my judgement of Demichelis or any other player though.
No one is comparing him to Boateng, Dante and Van Buyten I hope. These are awesome defenders and set Bayern on another level from Barca and real Madrid.

Demichelis out - six weeks

I can only speak for myself, but my gut feeling says this guy has the potential to be a world beater next to Vinny in the short term. Every defender looks better next to Vince anyway, and DeMichelis has excelled with inferior partners.

I won't be surprised if he nails a starting berth; his experience may transcend Nasty's youthful talent.

We should see Wednesday what Demichelis will do with his first chance. I'm not Pellegrini incognito, but I'm almost certain he'll play him.

Our new signings have been playing with a point to prove so I am excited with hope that this form continues with Demichelis and we may just have a player.

maybe someone could explain something to me. i have seen in other threads that demi is right footed like vinny and is his natural back up. but then people say they would be good playing together. then again nasti and lescott are both left footed so we cannot play them together. confused yes i am.

mancyman said:
maybe someone could explain something to me. i have seen in other threads that demi is right footed like vinny and is his natural back up. but then people say they would be good playing together. then again nasti and lescott are both left footed so we cannot play them together. confused yes i am.
It doesn't mean much at all. You can find myriad examples of successful right-footed centreback pairings.

It's just that righties tend to have more experience playing on both sides of central defense because left footed players are rare. Also because left footed players are rare (CBs in this case), they're often the first name for the left CB spot since youth, so they usually have less experience on the right. Again due to rarity is why you don't often see two top left footed CBs playing together, but there's no reason why they couldn't. The odds are against it...90 or so percent of your available purchase pool will be right footed.

The reason why I think Pellegrini has lost faith in the Lescott-Nasty partnership is not really so much because they're left footed but because Lescott shat himself on the ball (he was playing on the right) where he seemed to have think out his every pass, clearances, etc. I commented at the start of the match that I was suprised that Pellers didn't put Nasty on the right as Nasty would be more inclined to a position change as he is the more technical of the two. Was baffled when Pellers played them again with Lescott again on the right.

Before our title winning season, I always thought Vinny looked better on the left actually. When he played there with Kolo, there was just something about him I can't put my finger on. That observation dwindled away in my mind, but in the 2-0 loss to Bayern, Vinny again impressed on the left, and I remember formulating that thought once more.

EDIT: In fact, here is a game with two righties and look at how dominant Vince was on the left. This whole right/left footed thing doesn't convince me:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIWS5Wfi6c8[/youtube]

mancyman said:

Right footed defenders get much more experience playing on their wrong side when they're younger.

10% of the population are left footed. 30% of outfield positions favour a left footer. Consequently left footed players nearly always play on the left when they're developing.

Earlier this year Lescott said that he would be happy to play on the right side of defense but admitted that, at that time, he'd never played there. A 30 year old international centre back but he'd never played on the right side of a defense! As with many left footed defenders, if he couldn't get into a team as the left CB, he was shifted to LB rather than right CB. Lescott has since played a couple of times on the right but that will still be many fewer times than Demichellis, Kompany or even Richards will have played at left CB.

He's a stop gap. We needed an experienced backup for Kompany given his injury issues recently (although unfortunately Demichelis promptly got injured too!), one who could step in for a few games a season and do a job, but was happy to spend a decent amount of time on the bench in the meantime. He doesn't need to be a World Beater, he'sonly here for 2 seasons at most, and only to fill a need should it arise. I'd wager he's a better option than most have as a backup at centre half. I fully expect him to make his full debut against Newcastle in the Capital One Cup.

Matty said:
He's a stop gap. We needed an experienced backup for Kompany given his injury issues recently (although unfortunately Demichelis promptly got injured too!), one who could step in for a few games a season and do a job, but was happy to spend a decent amount of time on the bench in the meantime. He doesn't need to be a World Beater, he'sonly here for 2 seasons at most, and only to fill a need should it arise. I'd wager he's a better option than most have as a backup at centre half. I fully expect him to make his full debut against Newcastle in the Capital One Cup.

Dito

If he's injury's cleared up now, should he play today? It might be a big ask to be thrown in against Chelsea for his debut but I think its worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.