Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demichelis out - six weeks

He looked ok nothung more...looks like he wanted a lot of time on.the ball amd nearly got caught out a few times.....

Short term solution to a problem we need a better long term solution for

Hopefully in the next couple of transfer windows we go.lookingvfor a pacy strong centre half who is young and upcoming

teddykgb said:
Saw people faulting Demichelis' positioning on their first, but he's thoroughly in last ditch land in my opinion. Nicking it without scoring it was always going to be incredibly hard. Nastasic getting out of the way, and possibly even Joe not being prepared for the cross were far more at fault. Of course, the real blame lies with Clichy, that was simply atrocious defending.

IMO there is no way Demichelis can watch both the ball and the Chelsea player, when your fullback allows the opposition player to get to the byline in the box you are rather helpless

mansour's tow ropes said:
teddykgb said:
Saw people faulting Demichelis' positioning on their first, but he's thoroughly in last ditch land in my opinion. Nicking it without scoring it was always going to be incredibly hard. Nastasic getting out of the way, and possibly even Joe not being prepared for the cross were far more at fault. Of course, the real blame lies with Clichy, that was simply atrocious defending.

IMO there is no way Demichelis can watch both the ball and the Chelsea player, when your fullback allows the opposition player to get to the byline in the box you are rather helpless
Agreed, it was also clever movement by Schurrle, one he fakes one way Demichellis has no option but to commit. Clichy is the real cause of that goal he just got absolutely raped by Torres.

Think I was watching a different game. He was class. He was not to blame for first goal. Was trying to mop up others mistakes. Was cool on the ball and moved it forward with speed and accuracy. It was great to see a confident CB at the back for a change. I have been highlighting Nastys mistakes all season. The lad needs time out and to watch and learn.

Personally thought that first half he was average but he had a really good second half. Read the game really well nipping in time and time again to take the ball off the Chelsea attackers. Even better his experience meant he never left himself exposed in a 1 on 1 situation. Promising debut I thought considering hardly kicked a ball.

Very, very impressed. New league, one of the most difficult grounds to go to, back from a six week injury. How people are able to criticise Demichelis' game yesterday is beyond me. When Vinnie is back and forms a central partnership with him, I'm pretty sure we will start piling up victories. A very promising start, well done!

May have been a last ditch attempt and a slight risk throwing him in at the deep end but I thought he did well...his experience showed. He keeps his place for me..

He did OK. With more matches under his belt he possibly could have intercepted the cross for their first half goal - but that would have been very good defending on his part. I don't in anyway blame him for not getting there.

I thought he was class. Nastastic definately needs a rest and I think Demi and Komps will make a great pairing that I am sure would have played together regularly by now if injuries permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.