martin kelly

Slicker than Sommeil said:
@GaryLineker
Richards only has himself to blame for refusing to be on standby. But @rioferdy5 omission reasons now more obvious than ever.

I just tweeted him asking if it was confirmed that all other players called up were on the standby list.

I have a problem with anyone faulting Micah for refusing to be n the standby list. He has worked very hard and continually gets over looked; I wouldn't want to consistently put myself on the "If Everyone Else We Want Are Not Available" list, either. Even if he had been on the list, Hodgson would have likely chosen Kelly, anyway.

Slicker than Sommeil said:
@GaryLineker
Richards only has himself to blame for refusing to be on standby. But @rioferdy5 omission reasons now more obvious than ever.

Micah would never have been given a game and his footballing future under Woy is pretty bleak - maybe had Woy had the fookin decency to call himself and explain why he was not in the squad he would not have reacted in the way he did - personally he reacted exactly how i think i would have reacted

Could not give a shit about England to be honest not that i was really bothered in the past,

Woy will get slated by the press and become the next Maclaren and to be honest he deserves all he gets

This isn't fucking rocket science. Richards didn't want to be on standby so he doesn't get selected. Regardless. How many times.

Mark - TheBlue said:
This isn't fucking rocket science. Richards didn't want to be on standby so he doesn't get selected. Regardless. How many times.
Is it understandable, being picked behind Johnson and Jones?

The way they went about it left me in no doubt that it was designed to get tha response from Micah, knowing that he'd refuse after Hodgson didn't even have the grace to phone him presonally; the only person who didn't get a call from Hodgson as well.

I wonder if Micah was awaiting a call after all the drop-outs/injuries, especially after Johnson went down with a toe infection?

I know what I'd have been thinking if I was the England manager, 'I need to give that lad a call'.

Mark - TheBlue said:

No. Just because your not on the standby list shouldn't mean you don't get selected. This is the second biggest international tournament in the world and this England squad is in a mini crisis. Needs must but his face doesn't fit.

Also why is it that time and time again, we find ourselves in this situation where good players aren't contacted by the England manager to discuss there inclusion/non inclusion in the squad prior to a massive tournament. FFS you only have to make about 50 phone calls and it's a crucial part of the job yet we see Woy, Fabio and Sven offloading the responsibility to assistants at every possible opportunity. No excuse.

Mark - TheBlue said:
Martin Kelly was so far down the pecking order he wasn't even asked to be on the standby list. When you've reached the point where your standby options have been used up then you revisit. To ignore Richards because he didn't want to be on standby initially is punishing England and showing a stunning level of stubborness on Hodgson's part. No-one with half a brain would consider Kelly to be even close to Richards in terms of ability.

Are City fans still delighted Roy got the job as it got one over on Redknapp?

Has Barry been replaced by Jonjo Shelvey yet?

The owl is working his magic already

Eds said:
So a shit right back who can't play a centre half replaces Cahill whilst Micah who can play centre half as well as right back doesn't get a look in. A team that struggled to finish 8th and was nearer the bottom of the table than the top is now supplying five players to the England squad of whom four shouldn't be anywhere near representing their country. I just hope Micah tells England to fuck off if they pick him for the Olympics!
I agree with this. As I have said in other threads I am so happy we have an English manager but he has majorly fucked up with his squad selection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.