martin kelly

Feed-The-Goat said:
hodge said:
Fisrt of all I would like to say that I think Mr Hodgson is a genuinely nice guy,and that he knows his onions. So for what its worth this is my take on this sorry saga that is ENGLAND FC. So lets start with Micha Richards, the lad thats just won a league winners medal. If the F A had a nation wide poll on fans choice,s for the national team I think they know darn well what we the public would say. I see it like this, Roy obviously knows something about Micha that we dont and I dont mean his ability OR the FAct someone else is picking the team. Is it just small talk that Roy spoke with everyone to tell them their fate and had Mr Pearce call Micha tell tell him his, if this is the case then he is a shit house, but like I said I think he is a genuine nice guy. So if thats the case then and im in the mind set that we all agree he should be in the starting 11 never mind the 23 man squad, then I too would tell the FA to tell him about his exclusion from the team. Like I said if I was in charge and I didnt pick him for what ever footballing reasons then at least I would tell him to his face man to man. So I think Roy knows he should be in the team just like the rest of us and has said if he isnt to be involved then YOU tell him. Like I say its just my take on things but I just wish the FA would piss off and stop picking who they want, why did they get involved with Rooney appeal and have his violent conduct ban reduced, thats because they need him for the 2012 EUROS silly me thinking its because he did nothing wrong. You see whats happening here I thought the manager picks his team but I think we know who dose. Then we have the issue of racism in Poland and the Ukraine and John Terry in the team how ironic. So I like many others on here wont get swept away on a false tide of emotion and accept the fact the team has at best two world class players in Joe Hart and Ashley Cole and two good players in Gerrard and the thug Rooney, the rest well the least said the better. Do we play good football erm no is it entertaining erm no, is it predictable erm yes, so to you all at the FA headquarters do something good for once swallow some ENGLISH pride and stop interfering with the beautiful game. Let someone young and up to date with game with vision and technique have a chance, let them fail and more importantly learn and entertain, whats the worst thing that can happen not win anything for another 46years. On a side note this is to Joe dont take it to Hart if you are exposed and made to look like a fish out of water, I know like the rest of us here you are a proud man and pride yourself on keeping clean sheets at gods own club. At least when you return you will be at a club with great players playing great football with a great man in charge supported by the BEST ENGLISH fans in the league. Enjoy your summer and we look forward to you all coming back. CTID.

Summary anyone?

I stopped reading after the third 'Micha'. Sorry OP.

hodge said:
Fisrt of all I would like to say that I think Mr Hodgson is a genuinely nice guy,and that he knows his onions. So for what its worth this is my take on this sorry saga that is ENGLAND FC. So lets start with Micha Richards, the lad thats just won a league winners medal. If the F A had a nation wide poll on fans choice,s for the national team I think they know darn well what we the public would say. I see it like this, Roy obviously knows something about Micha that we dont and I dont mean his ability OR the FAct someone else is picking the team. Is it just small talk that Roy spoke with everyone to tell them their fate and had Mr Pearce call Micha tell tell him his, if this is the case then he is a shit house, but like I said I think he is a genuine nice guy. So if thats the case then and im in the mind set that we all agree he should be in the starting 11 never mind the 23 man squad, then I too would tell the FA to tell him about his exclusion from the team. Like I said if I was in charge and I didnt pick him for what ever footballing reasons then at least I would tell him to his face man to man. So I think Roy knows he should be in the team just like the rest of us and has said if he isnt to be involved then YOU tell him. Like I say its just my take on things but I just wish the FA would piss off and stop picking who they want, why did they get involved with Rooney appeal and have his violent conduct ban reduced, thats because they need him for the 2012 EUROS silly me thinking its because he did nothing wrong. You see whats happening here I thought the manager picks his team but I think we know who dose. Then we have the issue of racism in Poland and the Ukraine and John Terry in the team how ironic. So I like many others on here wont get swept away on a false tide of emotion and accept the fact the team has at best two world class players in Joe Hart and Ashley Cole and two good players in Gerrard and the thug Rooney, the rest well the least said the better. Do we play good football erm no is it entertaining erm no, is it predictable erm yes, so to you all at the FA headquarters do something good for once swallow some ENGLISH pride and stop interfering with the beautiful game. Let someone young and up to date with game with vision and technique have a chance, let them fail and more importantly learn and entertain, whats the worst thing that can happen not win anything for another 46years. On a side note this is to Joe dont take it to Hart if you are exposed and made to look like a fish out of water, I know like the rest of us here you are a proud man and pride yourself on keeping clean sheets at gods own club. At least when you return you will be at a club with great players playing great football with a great man in charge supported by the BEST ENGLISH fans in the league. Enjoy your summer and we look forward to you all coming back. CTID.
Meh...

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Roy is out of his depth, its almost as though we have written this tournament off with that team selection. 6 players from the team that finished mid table is appalling.

I blame the FA though.....im still waiting for the report from the 'root and branch' analysis we were promised by barwick..

pretty much all the posts in this thread are similar to the above

4 wins and a draw later, were just one point away from the quater finals.

Markt85 said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Roy is out of his depth, its almost as though we have written this tournament off with that team selection. 6 players from the team that finished mid table is appalling.

I blame the FA though.....im still waiting for the report from the 'root and branch' analysis we were promised by barwick..

4 wins?

I count 3 wins against very average teams (Norway, Belgium, Sweden) and a draw against France. The Euro group draw was very kind to England. Once he plays Spain or Italy in the quarters and England go out a lot of views on this thread will be justified

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Markt85 said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:

4 wins?

I count 3 wins against very average teams (Norway, Belgium, Sweden) and a draw against France. The Euro group draw was very kind to England. Once he plays Spain or Italy in the quarters and England go out a lot of views on this thread will be justified

So, the view that Hodgson is out of his depth will be true if we get eliminated by Spain in the QF's, should we get there, and it wont just be a case of being up against the best team in the world?

Erm, OK.

Yes, it was kind, but, it could have been kinder. I would have loved to be in group a.

At the end of the day we're a good side. However, we are not a world class side simply because we dont have an array of world class players.

Maybe if some people actually took the England squad and management for what it is and not what the fucking media say it is, may we get a bit of passion back into support for the national team.

I'm a big fan of Micah, naturally. He had a spell where his form and positional play seriously dipped and allegedly had an attitude problem until the wise words from Mr Vieira. However in the last two years (Mancini with the credit) he has come on in leaps and bounds and developed into a very good right back, possibly the best English right back.

So let's play Devil's advocate here a moment - and this has possibly been alluded to in other posts...

Capello didn't take Micah. Roy didn't take Micah.

So what are two experienced, respected international managers seeing (or not seeing as the case may be) that is so at odds with us?

Answers on a postcard because I cannot for the life of me see what it is on the pitch he is doing so badly wrong?

strongbowholic said:
I'm a big fan of Micah, naturally. He had a spell where his form and positional play seriously dipped and allegedly had an attitude problem until the wise words from Mr Vieira. However in the last two years (Mancini with the credit) he has come on in leaps and bounds and developed into a very good right back, possibly the best English right back.

So let's play Devil's advocate here a moment - and this has possibly been alluded to in other posts...

Capello didn't take Micah. Roy didn't take Micah.

So what are two experienced, respected international managers seeing (or not seeing as the case may be) that is so at odds with us?

Answers on a postcard because I cannot for the life of me see what it is on the pitch he is doing so badly wrong?

I honestly don't understand it either.

Has he shagged one of the FA bigwig's wives?

There is no logical, footballing reason why Martin Kelly, let alone Phil Jones/Glen Johnson should be picked ahead of Richards.

sjk2008 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Markt85 said:

4 wins?

So, the view that Hodgson is out of his depth will be true if we get eliminated by Spain in the QF's, should we get there, and it wont just be a case of being up against the best team in the world?

Erm, OK.

Yes, it was kind, but, it could have been kinder. I would have loved to be in group a.

At the end of the day we're a good side. However, we are not a world class side simply because we dont have an array of world class players.

Maybe if some people actually took the England squad and management for what it is and not what the fucking media say it is, may we get a bit of passion back into support for the national team.
Being eliminated by Spain wont but getting an absolute spanking will

Markt85 said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:

Kelly being a key contributor to that many"success".

Paulmcfc2703 said:
sjk2008 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
4 wins?

Erm, OK.

Being eliminated by Spain wont but getting an absolute spanking will

And what result would constitute an absolute spanking?

The last absolute spanking we had off Spain resulted in a 1-0 win for us.

Yes, it was all Spain, but then again it normally is.

My point is, Roy wont be judged on our result against Spain (should it come to fruition). It will be our performances in the WC2014 Qualifiers and ultimately (hopefully) the tournament itself.

So far, I think Roy has done a good job, considering he's stepped into arguably the worst job in English football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.