Martin Samuel tells it again..

Gdm question for you

Does the premier league have to sanction the vote
If they say bollocks to gill and his cronies and say it's staying as it is

Or can the clubs who want ffp press ahead with their vote without the prems blessing?

The thing is these chairman who would vote for it only care about profit they don't give a shit about Trophies! This comes into the premier great excuse for chairman not to spend! Fans moan about buying no players or not renewing a popular players contract they have an excuse of these rules if it ever come in.... The scum Arsenal and Spurs will all be laughing there COCKS of if this gets voted in!!

ifiwasarichfan said:
cleavers said:
Its a decent article, but irelevant. What united are trying to get through here is "after the horses bolted", far too late for them to stop us anyway now. It couldn't be brought in immediately, they also need agreement from the Premier League, and their sponsors, and excluding the team that gave the PL its greatest moment so far isn't going to happen, nor is trying to prevent us competing on an even footing, our profile is now too big.

On top of that our revenue is also getting there pretty quickly I'm sure, and even if they do try to bring it in rapidly (next season), we'll have lawyers all over it, and could tie it up in legal wrangling for as long as we want, meanwhile we'll still be improving our revenue streams.

I don't know why people worry so much about financial fair play, we've already beaten it imho.

This has basically been my take on matters but GDM's eloquent posts in the similar FFP thread reference Gill; basically his power and that as far as we are concerned he is the anti-christ with allies all over the place has me worried again. They will try and alter things if things aren't going their way.

What could possibly be in Gill's proposals for the decent Prem teams ( and in my opinion it's these who despise us the most since the money came) - Everton,Villa,Newcastle? surely it cuts off what little hope they have left of smashing up the cosy cartel at the top.

I think City's revenue should go through the 200m barrier in the next set of figures, and there is a new TV deal to come, plus 20 odd million from the Chimps League (even if we fail to escape from the group of death), which should bump us up toward the 250m mark the year after. There is also our, as yet unratified, deal with Etihad, which will be worth another 35m p.a. I don't doubt that UEFA are currently dreaming up ways to torpedo that deal on the grounds of nepotism or whatever, but it will be hard for them given Liverpool's dubious in-house dealings with Warrior, so I think Cleavers is broadly right, that by the time FFP might be implemented domestically, it will be too late to stop us completely, although it would serve to leave the rags in a position where they could massively outspend us to guarantee themselves success.
That said, I do fear the Premier League chairmen will vote for this. Small timers like Whelan, who can't, and probably don't want to, spend millions, will welcome having a newfound scapegoat (FFP) to blame when their fans start criticising them, there is a group of mid sized clubs, who will acknowledge they have no chance of competing for trophies and who will be happy to reduce costs, through lower wages, without having to jeopardise their Premiership status in the process (Fulham, Swansea etc), and that pretty much leaves just the better supported clubs, who dream of one day having an owner like ours and actually winning trophies, as our only natural allies. I'd say we're looking at Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle, Sunderland, Everton, Villa, West Ham and, unexpectedly, QPR. Of these, Gold has already come out and admitted that he will be one of the turkeys voting for Christmas, Lerner's clear aim at Villa is not investment of any sort, but clawing back as much money as he possibly can, Chelsea's revenue streams are already up around the 350m p.a. mark and they are more likely to vote for the establishment of Gill's monopoly than against it, and anyone who trusts that tight arsed cnut Levy is a bloody fool. I'd say Gill has a very good chance of getting this bullshit through, and if I were City I would not be lobbying against it, but proposing our own alternative version, which would give the small town johnnies what they want, but also insist that the writing up of debt against a club be a consideration as well.

The cookie monster said:
Gdm question for you

Or can the clubs who want ffp press ahead with their vote without the prems blessing?
I'm certainly no expert on the workings of the Premier League TCM, but I believe a change like this would require the approval of two thirds of the members, that is to say 14 clubs.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The cookie monster said:
Gdm question for you

I'm certainly no expert on the workings of the Premier League TCM, but I believe a change like this would require the approval of two thirds of the members, that is to say 14 clubs.

Cheers

Why would scudamore and the prem want this
If there was a wage cap over here and restrictions on clubs spending in the prem,surely world class players would go elsewhere for the bigger bucks

And that would make the prem less attractive.

The cookie monster said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
The cookie monster said:
Gdm question for you

Cheers

Why would scudamore and the prem want this
If there was a wage cap over here and restrictions on clubs spending in the prem,surely world class players would go elsewhere for the bigger bucks

And that would make the prem less attractive.

I'm pretty sure that a wage cap will not be amongst Gill's proposals

waspish said:
The thing is these chairman who would vote for it only care about profit they don't give a shit about Trophies! This comes into the premier great excuse for chairman not to spend! Fans moan about buying no players or not renewing a popular players contract they have an excuse of these rules if it ever come in.... The scum Arsenal and Spurs will all be laughing there COCKS of if this gets voted in!!
True, none of them who vote would actually give a shit about the club and it's aspirations. It suits them but at the same time means that club will never ever have a chance of conpeting at the top.

I know what you mean regarding the wage cap,I kinda worded it wrong
It would affect the wages we pay though wouldn't it,as well as transfer fees.

That's gill's whole purpose really to stop us buying the best Players.

Good article. Made me piss last week when I saw Whelans quotes - clearly let the cat out of the bag again

14 out of 20 though, not sure I fancy those odds

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.