Martin Samuel: The plot to shackle City & Chelsea

If the words 'fair' and 'play' are the reason for the old top 4 all signing that letter, how come three of them didn't say to Gill "You'll have to stop putting your business results through The Cayman Islands on the grounds of transparency. Is that ok?"

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I've never thought Custis had a particular problem with us.

John Cross , Rob Beasley, John Richardson , Mark Ogden, James Lawton, Brian Glanville.

These are the real enemies at the gate.
Dont forget steve bates.

The cookie monster said:

John Cross , Rob Beasley, John Richardson , Mark Ogden, James Lawton, Brian Glanville.

Dont forget steve bates.
Sorry TCM, of course. Ian Ladyman should be up there too. No fucking danger.

For the avoidance of doubt, it's not an exhautive list;-) I've also left Neil Ashton off, but I've found my dislike for him subsiding of late, for some strange reason.

its-not-fair.jpg

suck it up you sad hypocritical bastards

The tide is turning. Also a piece in the Times today from Oliver Kay attacking the propopsed FFP rules. I think the penny is starting to drop. When push comes to shove I can't see clubs like Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, West Brom etc voting in favour of FFP. They would effectively be saying we can never compete again. Surely they must realise that all businesses can only flourish with external investment..even if only for the short-term. Teams like Spurs, Arsenal, United and Liverpool are owned by people who do not care about football or the communities they are based in. How much do these clubs really do for their local communities? The Cartel owners are leeches who only want to fill their pockets. United have always done the bare minimum for their fans (usually after being shamed into doing something by City). They, like Arsenal and Spurs, have taken their own fans for granted for years. United don't even pay their business rates in Manchester though they do help to keep the hotels filled!

BillyShears said:
fbloke said:
Qatar have spent and are spending billions in football from being a sponsor at Barca through to hosting the WC and lots in between.

I suspect they fee that the have a lot less to lose than football has if they have to go their separate ways?

It's also worth nothing that in France in particular, part of the "deal" between Sarkozy, PSG, and the Qatari's was that Qatar, via it's Al Jazeera tv network, would bring competition to Canal Plus for TV rights for ligue 1 thus increasing the amount of money each club gets. This has come to fruition as BeinSport the Al Jazeera owned network here in France has won the rights to all PL, CL, and all Ligue 1 games from next season.

Although there has been the usual sniping and cynicism from the chairmen of certain clubs in France about what PSG have done, there has also been a tacit acknowledgement that it is good for the league and good for the game on the whole in France. Leonardo is on record saying that PSG would rather buy French players from French clubs so that money they spend goes back into French football. In turn top clubs have said they would rather sell to Paris than see their players go abroad.

I've posted this before, but it was Sarkozy who encouraged QSI to buy PSG. He hosted a 'meeting' at the Elysee Palace soon after being voted into office at which both Platini the Qatari's were present. QSI wanted Platini's vote for the WC, and Sarkozy wanted the team he supported to be bought by someone like Sheikh Mansour. A deal was struck that night. This is all documented and common knowledge in France.

Platini's FFP proposals are toothless, which makes the PL's proposals gumless!

top poar Billy.

The cookie monster said:

Dont forget steve bates.
Sorry TCM, of course. Ian Ladyman should be up there too. No fucking danger.

For the avoidance of doubt, it's not an exhautive list;-) I've also left Neil Ashton off, but I've found my dislike for him subsiding of late, for some strange reason.
I have to also add this horrible twat,could be the worst of the lot or just behind cross anyway
David McDonnell

The cookie monster said:

Dont forget steve bates.

And Ollie Holt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.