Martin Samuel: The plot to shackle City & Chelsea

EalingBlue2 said:
Why would we complain about the Prem rules they could have been written by Khaldoon - who do they help most?

Club with biggest wage bill today - check
Clubs concentrating on growing non tv revenue - check
Clubs at the top of the league - check
Clubs who have already invested - check

So from city's point of view it looks good to me - for the bottom 15 sides it looks stupid from a sporting point of view
This is all correct ,plus we were never going to carry blowing a fortune every year.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Which is why we need spurs to get top 4....
Chelsea miss out and these proposals will be history..
Bump because I think this is a good point.

If Chelsea fail to get top four it means no CL as we all know. There will be a shortfall in revenue and also no lure for top players unless they offer even more money.

If anyone's going to ruin FFP its the Russians, then PSG but if Chelsea miss out then they will be the ones on our shores to do it. I think they don't want to of course but if tested then Roman will bank roll for whoever deemed necessary.

NipHolmes said:

If Chelsea fail to get top four it means no CL as we all know. There will be a shortfall in revenue and also no lure for top players unless they offer even more money.

If anyone's going to ruin FFP its the Russians, then PSG but if Chelsea miss out then they will be the ones on our shores to do it. I think they don't want to of course but if tested then Roman will bank roll for whoever deemed necessary.

Chelsea have already voted for these proposals and the next vote is in april before the season finishes
So i should imagine they will keep with the same vote
You could be right though i think the russian would still spend spend spend if he missed out on top 4
He would offer whatever in wages to attract the big stars as that would be the only way with CL football not being available
Then he would blow ffp out of the water.

The cookie monster said:
NipHolmes said:

Chelsea have already voted for these proposals and the next vote is in april before the season finishes
So i should imagine they will keep with the same vote
You could be right though i think the russian would still spend spend spend if he missed out on top 4
He would offer whatever in wages to attract the big stars as that would be the only way with CL football not being available
Then he would blow ffp out of the water.

By April Roman will have a clear idea of how his team will finish. If they look like missing out you can bet your bottom dollar he will go all out in the summer.

I can see them spending the best part of 100m and I really fancy that. I think PSG will finish their buying this summer too. If Ronaldo is on the move, PSG will blow United out the water :)

If they don't finish outside of top 4 I put my best on the Russian clubs again. 35+10m agent for Hulk apparently. Also have in mind one of them tried to activate Messis clause before he re-signed at Barca. Mental!

Just been watching "question time" on bbc . First part , everyone seemingly agreeing that the reduction and elimination of debt is the single most important factor in building a stable and sustainable economy.
Later , it was mentioned that our own prime minister had said that he was going to strongly oppose any idea of a cap on payments to bankers on the grounds that such restraints would drive out the best talent to jobs abroad.
Compare and contrast these two views with proposals which are to form Ffp both in Europe and here at home.

Bodicoteblue said:
Just been watching "question time" on bbc . First part , everyone seemingly agreeing that the reduction and elimination of debt is the single most important factor in building a stable and sustainable economy.
Later , it was mentioned that our own prime minister had said that he was going to strongly oppose any idea of a cap on payments to bankers on the grounds that such restraints would drive out the best talent to jobs abroad.
Compare and contrast these two views with proposals which are to form Ffp both in Europe and here at home.
ok, the 2nd one is true

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.