Martin Tyler & Other Media/Pundits

Re: Martin Tyler

Sky and the other TV companies are shitting it thinking that City are now the big team in England. The rags' armchair fanbase is huge but fickle as we all know, and if they stop winning and being successful because of City then they will unsubscribe and turn off in droves. That's what they're scared of and it is this reason why they are biased against us, I truly believe that there is an agenda against City. Tough shit Sky and Co. we are here to stay.

fergal_oc said:
The bbc commentator for the highlights wasn't much better, he called both Vinnie's and DJ's as fouls. Anyone with half eyesight and an ants brain could see that De Jong didn't even know Wellbeck was there and Rooney actually kicked Vinnie. Sick of it!
I'd like the clips of those incidents.

I watched the match again when I got home, I literally could not believe how even though united were outplayed they were still all he talked about. Even the comments about our lads were either highlighting how they weren't local i.e Micah and how they could have signed Joe Hart for 100k.
But.
But.
The one that took the biscuit was when Vinnie was booked for rooney kicking his foot and staying down for 2 minutes. Quinny came out with "that was never a booking , Rooney kicked Kompany's foot," Tyler kept quiet as the replay was on screen. Halfway through the second half when Yaya was booked for "dissent," Tyler spouted "that wasn't for the tackle as it was ok, unlike Kompany's early on," What the actual fuck? I despise him with a passion.

TCIB said:
Tyler:: Welbeck, from manchester no less.

This is the sort of thing where an anti City bias does come through. How many scousers at the dippers in an average matchday squad? maybe 2. How many north londoners at Arsenal? None that I'm aware of. How many west Londoners at Chelsea? Only Terry I can think of. How many Geordies at Toon, or Mackems at Sunderland? The days when you could win the league with a team full of English players, or win the European cup with a team full of locals are long gone.

Sky can't have it both ways: they can't realistically have the cream of world football playing in the premier league, but still have a nucleus of academy products all born within 15 miles of the ground. City, together with the rags, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and so on have brought some of the cream of world football to this league. 650 million people watched the game yesterday: does anyone seriously think that would have happened if, instead of Aguero, Rooney, Tevez etc it had been 11 lads from Urmston v 11 lads from Collyhurst?

So when one of sky's main frontmen starts having digs about the number of mancunians in the city team, he does so knowing full well that sky's continued success depends on world stars being on display week in week out - Aguero, Tevez, Rooney, Van Persie, Drogba, Modric, Torres. When did he last comment on the lack of mackems in the Sunderland team? Or the lack of cockneys at Arsenal? Or the lack of scousers in the blue dipper team? It's having a pop at city for the sake of it, really.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
Just thank your lucky stars it wasn't Clive fucking Tyldesley commentating.

I'll take Tyldesley over Tyler, Tyldesley gets a bad rep and for good reason sometimes (that night in...) but his commentary on the FA Cup semi and final last year was immense.

"Manchester City take the lead... it's Yaya Toure!"

Tyler is a bitter old queen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.