Mary D's

If ever you’re bored and want a bit of a laugh, check out the Trip Advisor reviews for Monroes. Some absolute classics.

A couple of my favourites included something like…

… After a long day’s travelling I tried to check in but the lady behind the bar said she doesn’t work here and I’d have to come back when the owner got back from the tip.

Another one went… I’m American and tried to book a room over the phone and offered to give my card details but the guy on the phone said.. We don’t take cards, send us $20 in the post as a deposit.
Mike’s “book” - every reservation done by hand - no online bollocks!

We still go their pre match on occasions, only City fans allowed, usually get a seat and easy to get served. Other than the decor I don’t find it much different than when Michael had it.
“Other than the decor”!!!!!

That’s like saying “Other than the lack of crown jewels, the Tower of London’s pretty much the same.”

That painting of Foo Foo was bewitching; his eyes unnervingly following you!

Man, I miss that place. Great times.

I “treated” me and my dad to an overnight stay - they’d just taken it over - my dad then got poorly so I tried to cancel the room (about 5 days in advance) They refused and I got charged full amount. Never put a penny in their till since.
I also walked in before the Everton / Covid reduced attendance last game of season. Ordered a drink and sat down. Couple more came in but because they hadn’t booked a table he wouldn’t let them in. I said they could sit with me. Still refused to let them in.
I know it’s hard establishing any new business, especially a hotel in the city centre but I did question their customer service skills.
Each to their own and hope it does well. Won’t be with my money though .
That was me and my mates before the Everton game you are on about. We were all lucky to get tickets in the ballot and the new owners wouldn't let us in. We didn't know we had to book in advance. I remember you sat at a table and said we could sit with you. Thanks for the offer mate we've never forgotten your kind gesture.

That was me and my mates before the Everton game you are on about. We were all lucky to get tickets in the ballot and the new owners wouldn't let us in. We didn't know we had to book in advance. I remember you sat at a table and said we could sit with you. Thanks for the offer mate we've never forgotten your kind gesture.
Ha ha no probs pal

“Other than the decor”!!!!!

That’s like saying “Other than the lack of crown jewels, the Tower of London’s pretty much the same.”

That painting of Foo Foo was bewitching; his eyes unnervingly following you!

Man, I miss that place. Great times.

You know, all those pictures in the pub just ended up getting binned.

Great shame. I’m no particular big fan of Marilyn but there were some cracking pictures there.

Great shame. I’m no particular big fan of Marilyn but there were some cracking pictures there.
It was a right load of tat. But it was our tat!
My fave was the picture that lit up with James Dean Elvis Marilyn Bogart “The boulevard of broken dreams”!!!!

The pic of Mike handing the Queen a bouquet of flowers.
I’ve still got a Monroes lighter somewhere. Bought from the machine inside the “vault”.
Every night match Mike would say “I shouldn’t be letting your lad in. I’m only insured until 7pm. Go on then, but no mucking about.”

The pic of Mike handing the Queen a bouquet of flowers.
I’ve still got a Monroes lighter somewhere. Bought from the machine inside the “vault”.
Every night match Mike would say “I shouldn’t be letting your lad in. I’m only insured until 7pm. Go on then, but no mucking about.”

I’m surprised you ever got in calling it ‘the vault’

It was ‘the boudoir’ if you don’t mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.