Will continue to wear a mask

• Yes

Votes: 217 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 109 31.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 23 6.6%

• Total voters
Still wearing mine as a family member is undergoing cancer treatment and it's critical it's not delayed.

Have to say I have had a few people come up to me and cough on purpose, as well as being really stupid it's also unthinking as it could well be that I am the one who has covid but thinks wearing a mask out to the shops makes it all ok to carry on doing what I want.

Given the amount of people who won't even wash their hands after going to the toilet, I'm comfortable with my choice. Probably the same lot who roll forward at a junction in their car over the white line and onto the green bike area, believing that because the have four wheels they qualify as a 'double bike' with a hard shell rain canopy.

Still wearing mine as a family member is undergoing cancer treatment and it's critical it's not delayed.

Have to say I have had a few people come up to me and cough on purpose, as well as being really stupid it's also unthinking as it could well be that I am the one who has covid but thinks wearing a mask out to the shops makes it all ok to carry on doing what I want.

Given the amount of people who won't even wash their hands after going to the toilet, I'm comfortable with my choice. Probably the same lot who roll forward at a junction in their car over the white line and onto the green bike area, believing that because the have four wheels they qualify as a 'double bike' with a hard shell rain canopy.
With you all the way on the mask but I don't agree with your bike moan. The councils got grants from the e.u for putting in bike lanes. They were paid by square metres installed. In Holland they dug up areas and laid proper cycle lanes away from the cars. Us crafty bastards simply painted huge areas green and stuck a white bike on top. They then realised they could get more money by sticking the green bits atctraffic lights. It's a con. A pedal cycle should not be in the middle of the road when there is a cycle lane 3 foot to his left.

With you all the way on the mask but I don't agree with your bike moan. The councils got grants from the e.u for putting in bike lanes. They were paid by square metres installed. In Holland they dug up areas and laid proper cycle lanes away from the cars. Us crafty bastards simply painted huge areas green and stuck a white bike on top. They then realised they could get more money by sticking the green bits atctraffic lights. It's a con. A pedal cycle should not be in the middle of the road when there is a cycle lane 3 foot to his left.
I agree with you completely, but I still will get frustrated the next time a car comes to a stop square over a bike sign. Just as I will when I next see a cyclist ignore a red light because they read something about it being ok in America or just can't be arsed.

I'm not actually a cyclist myself, to be honest as a car driver and pedestrian I'd say cyclists are often the biggest danger (if not their actions and unpredictability then the sheer fact that our roads aren't always suited to cars, bikes and pedestrians all using them simultaneously) but I do appreciate that they are doing something positive compared to driving and it's not their fault our road systems are unaccommodating for bikes in many places.

On a connected safety note, partly related to the masks subject of this thread, I see a growing number of cyclists without helmets nowadays. Worries me, earlier this year a teenage lad got knocked off his bike with no helmet on at the road our road, apparently he was on the pavement and crossed the T junction without slowing but the driver,one of our neighbours, was given the blame. She's since sold her car and hardly leaves the house anymore, sad state of affairs for everyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.