Will continue to wear a mask

• Yes

Votes: 217 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 109 31.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 23 6.6%

• Total voters
High risk settings yes until the experts in the field agree in principal they are no longer required and after that its the choice of the individual.

Myself I suffer from some deficiencies in breathing normally and getting decent amounts of Oxygen all the time having suffered from bronchitis for much of my earlier life so I much prefer not to have them on at all but will never chastise someone for wearing them if that is their wish even after vaccination.

I suspect many will struggle to come to grips with some freedom and normality especially those who have been in hard lockdown for many months on end.

Personally if you socially distance properly outside I don't think they do much covid wise and I haven't seen any solid evidence it can be transmitted easily if at all when you are outside in normal levels of ultra violet light.

Isolating properly when you have it is very important when you have thee virus so having a mask on if you have to share facilities with your occupants at home is important and cannot self isolate but it has to be a proper mask , not the cheap disposal ones.

I was on a train from Bristol yesterday about 6pm after the cricket.

I was the only person on the entire carriage that was wearing a mask. The carriage was about 80% full.

That was when the law mandated you wear a mask on public transport, so the idea that any decent number of people will voluntarily wear a mask seems fanciful.

The cricket itself was not much better. It was a pilot event so everyone was tested before hand or vaccinated, but adherence to the rules was probably not much above 70%.

The other issue is that you get a lot of looks for wearing a mask. It felt a bit like being the only sober person at a party.
totally the opposite in Melbourne and Sydney for example even though there are few cases and no mandates in many capital cities throughout the pandemic although currently there are mandates in both cities on public transport and indoor settings even though we have had no community spread in Melbourne for seven days after the last three week hard lockdown and some easing of restrictions since.

that is such a dispiriting prediction mate, if so the vaccination programme will all be for nothing :-(

but for the here and now when i get back on a packed tram for the match think it will be sensible to wear a mask for a while.

but back for a gig i'm not so sure
That is not true , vaccination is the key to a smoother and quicker transition back to normality but in colder months the virus spreads quicker because more people spend more time indoors.

there comes a time when lockdowns will have to cease and you live with the virus like you live with the flu after vaccination levels are deemed satisfactory and or herd immunity kick in.

I can envisage many a person wearing a mask particularly indoors in certain settings for many a year to come depending on the country of course.

Most pandemic's burn out after a couple of years but this one will last longer because in the name of saving lives from a covid death we have had hard lockdowns for large populations time and again perhaps for the first time in our long history on this planet.

In the past the sick were quarantined and isolated as best as possible and the rest was in the hands of doctors and those who belief in faith.

As someone who won't be wearing one I have no issue if others choose to wear one, sanitise their hands constantly etc. It's a personal choice.

There are two ways of looking at it. One is keep restrictions until cases are more or less zero or getting to herd immunity as quickly as possible by vaccination and by younger, less at risk groups catching it. It clearly isn't the mass killer it was.

To be fair pal where I live I should have been wearing a mask a long time before Covid kicked off :-D

I find it really difficult to wear a mask in the heat because of the damage covid did to my lungs , i pull it down outside and stay away from people but always in the shops etc , i will continue to do that , i think we will be wearing masks again come the autumn and winter , it would be crazy to throw away what we have learnt about transmission of viruses in the winter , lets save some lives

That is not true , vaccination is the key to a smoother and quicker transition back to normality but in colder months the virus spreads quicker because more people spend more time indoors.

there comes a time when lockdowns will have to cease and you live with the virus like you live with the flu after vaccination levels are deemed satisfactory and or herd immunity kick in.

I can envisage many a person wearing a mask particularly indoors in certain settings for many a year to come depending on the country of course.

Most pandemic's burn out after a couple of years but this one will last longer because in the name of saving lives from a covid death we have had hard lockdowns for large populations time and again perhaps for the first time in our long history on this planet.

In the past the sick were quarantined and isolated as best as possible and the rest was in the hands of doctors and those who belief in faith.
the whole point of the vaccination programme is to break the link between infection and hospitalisations and ultimately people dying and if we are compelled to wear masks again then that programme will have failed.

we have to learn to live with it at some point and that point has been reached in my opinion
yes people will still get ill but that goes for any virus/infection

I’m on the Train every day and can confidently say Mask wearing has slumped to well below 50% and many of those that do comply give up once they’ve actually seen nobody else is bothering. So by the end of the trip c20% at best are Masked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.