Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
One reason, money. Morally bankrupt.

Society in general has a huge problem with the way it views and treats women.
Football is not in a good place at the moment. Racist chanting, missile throwing, player's off field behaviour, historic paedophilia. Then abroad we've had French internationals blackmailing team mates, underage girls.

Reactions: mat
I was referring mainly to the abuser mate, in this instance Greenwood who has the ability to put himself up in a swanky hotel without him hurting himself financially.
Apologies. I misread your post.

Hopefully he's paying for it and its not a club perk.

Im not sure simply not calling him up is enough action to take.

I would expect England/Southgate and United to intervene in a more serious way. Speak to both parties and investigate. Tell him he's got to go to anger management/seek psychiatric help.

I don't expect them to completely cut all ties/fire him because that's not realistic but you'd think even for their own self-preservation (ie to avoid what's happened today) if not because it's simply the right thing to do, they'd want this fixed permanently, not just ignore it and hope it doesn't happen again.
How would you know if they did or did not do this? Certainly them putting it out to the public would not have been the right thing to do, so anything else your guessing.

Regardless, it certainly would not fall on Southgate to do any of what you , there would either be a department or personnel for player welfare at the FA.

The most you could hope from him is that he relayed the message until I know you are seeking help and your problems are resolved, I will not consider you the call up or he could have made the decision that he does not want someone like that on his team regardless.

No one comes out of today well, but England and the FA by all reasonable accounts have acted very well. I’m not sure how you can refer otherwise.

United fans seem think some first team squad members are already distancing themselves from him. De Gea and Telles are two who seem to have unfollowed him on socials.

And yet the clubs twitter feed is still sending out tweets wishing ex-players a happy birthday and something about 2 years since they signed Fernandes. Bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.