Match Day: Aston Villa v. Manchester City FC

Having scored a goal. Villa shut up shop and were determined not to lose a goal. It is always difficult to play against that.
I think some people on here should get a reality check. If we get a top 4 place we can attract any player we wish to buy and that should be our ambition for this season The future is bright

K.Reeves right foot said:
Bad result today and I can take losing but some things worried me today:
1. NO leader on the pitch driving the team forward when we were struggling - we looked a bunch of expensive strangers
2. TEVEZ has to learn he can't always score, when he's not in a position to score and team mates are in space he should pass but doesn't
3. Mancini did not address where we were going wrong one bit. Super worrying. We could all see we needed width yet Johnson was inside too much the 2 occasions he got on the outside he looked dangerous and isn't that the point of Dzeko?
4. Complete lack of urgency as a team. The players seemed half asleep. I'll forgive Silva, it was his worst performance, he looked like a zombie out there but collectively they were asleep and obviousl;y Mancini didn't affect them at half time.
5. Movement up front was non-existent.
6. Against a poor but highly motivated Villa we couldn't find a solution - that is very worrying as it's become a trend that Mancini hasn't adressed in his time at City.

BUT
Kolarov was fantastic today. The true Kolarov and our only decent player.

Mancini needs to adress these shortcomings as it is THOSE points above which make the difference between 3rd/ 2nd or 1st NOT just buying another striker and throwing him in.

NOt saying Mancini out, i've warmed to him since my Birminngham rant but there is still something about him which makes me think he won't deliver when we really need it, when the pressure is really on, that extra 5% of managerial expertise that unfortunatly TW*T HEAD over in Stretford has.

Great post.

I must say, lots of things made me think "WTF?!" yesterday.Dzeko on the left was mental.Just mental.And I agree with some of the sentiments about Tevez, he's being very greedy at times and the team suffers for it.

Mancini dropped lots of bollocks yesterday.The defeat was down to him.

Disappointed ...but remember we bounced back after Everton and went on a run .Bobby will sort it !
Pezzer2 said:
How the hell did we lose that. We controlled the game but didn't have the luck or spark going forward

I was a bit cut up about this last night but then realised that I've allowed myself to inflate my aspirations - we've done incredibly well to date and I was starting to believe the hype rather than looking to the business plan.
The business plan says 4th and that's the target.
It was a bad day simple as that. No point in getting overly emotional about it (getting 'raggy'?) just heads up, support the team and see if we can hit our season target of a 4th place in the PL and CL footie for next season.

Keep cool, keep calm & keep the faith.

Hi Guys,

Wasn't expecting to get anything from the game, but really happy with the three points.

Darren Bent is the difference between 0-0s and 1-0s.

If I was a City supporter I'd be dissapointed because you really had a lot of posession, but never really looked dangerous going forward. Boateng & Kolarov seemed to play really high up the pitch & wanted to get forward, which just played into our hands as Albrighton had a few chances to counter down the right.

For once Dunne & Collins played very well. They needed to after the thumping you gave us last month.

All the best.

Oh look what page it is....86.

Eighty-fucking-six-per-fucking-cent.

And we lost.

Oh well were still doing better than I thought we would be at the start of the season.

Why does Gareth Barry continue to play against Villa at Villa Park? its obvious he cannot cope with the boo's he gets from the villa fans. Every time we play villa he fails to turn up, easily our worst player on saturday.

I hope MJ finally gets fit because I see him as a natural replacement for Barry in the long run to be fair.

Aside from that I'd say fitness played a part in the defeat. We all know Bobby likes double training sessions but I wonder if he stuck to this last week bearing in mind we played mid week too?

Lets keep it real boys (and girls please note sky sports) its football it happens we finished 5th last year so to think we were just going to go on and win every game and the league is daft. Top 4 job done for this year cup yes every chance. At Villa we played well and battered them they were shocking for a home team. This is the 1st league away game all season where we have conceded 1st once they scored they just sat back and made it very hard. Its another lesson for us to learn. If Tevz taps in his early chance and we take the lead its a different game and everyone is happy and writing how good we are.

Keep it real I went to the game and our support was great through out well done all who went and remember "everything ----- is going be allright"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.