Match of the Day - 2015/16

I've reached the stage where if I hear Jonathan Pearce is commentating I press the mute button. He is just way, way too over-excited all the bloody time. A little while ago (can't remember the teams) on MotD, one side scored, and a bit later the other side equalised. Pearce was literally screaming at the top of his voice "Absolutely extraordinary!" WTF! How is it fucking 'absolutely extraordinary' simply because a goal has been scored?

Motson needs putting out to grass. He's become a caricature of himself and now just mumbles incoherently about utter irrelevancies. I'm old enough to remember people like Brian Moore (The Big Match, anyone?) who would commentate on what was happening on the pitch, not use his position to force his opinions down everyone"s neck.

Basically, I just feel MotD has become a tired, formulaic run-of-the-mill waste of time.
Got to say Brian Moore? Really?

He was an ok commentator if you were from the Home Counties and/or supported a London side. Not bad but way way too biased.

The commentators that really got me into games were the radio boys... Bryan Butler, Maurice Eddlestone, Peter Jones and the guy on sky today.... Alan Parry, I thought these guys were really good to listen to... regardless who was playing.

I bet Twattenberg has got the lotion and tissues out with amount of close ups he's getting in the highlights.

Got to say Brian Moore? Really?

He was an ok commentator if you were from the Home Counties and/or supported a London side. Not bad but way way too biased.

The commentators that really got me into games were the radio boys... Bryan Butler, Maurice Eddlestone, Peter Jones and the guy on sky today.... Alan Parry, I thought these guys were really good to listen to... regardless who was playing.
ITV league football was regional in the 70s so
Brian Moore covered those areas
Gerald Sinstadt for Granada
And Hugh Jones for Midlands only others I remember
Used to show one North west team playing at home
Then 1or 2 others if covered by other regions
Loved kick off on a Friday night

Jonathan Pearce needs to go back to Robot Wars
Brian Moore was absolute rubbish

I've reached the stage where if I hear Jonathan Pearce is commentating I press the mute button. He is just way, way too over-excited all the bloody time. A little while ago (can't remember the teams) on MotD, one side scored, and a bit later the other side equalised. Pearce was literally screaming at the top of his voice "Absolutely extraordinary!" WTF! How is it fucking 'absolutely extraordinary' simply because a goal has been scored?

Motson needs putting out to grass. He's become a caricature of himself and now just mumbles incoherently about utter irrelevancies. I'm old enough to remember people like Brian Moore (The Big Match, anyone?) who would commentate on what was happening on the pitch, not use his position to force his opinions down everyone"s neck.

Basically, I just feel MotD has become a tired, formulaic run-of-the-mill waste of time.
It's hard to believe but Pearce has actually toned it down from when he was on Channel 5. First class idiot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.