Match of the Day - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true Dave...shearer just makes me laugh with the drivel that comes out his gob

Just watching the replay of the Brighton game on BT and Hoddle is desperate for The Seagulls to get summat out of this game. But when the writing is on the turf and it's obvious they are getting sweet FA he seems to develop a more magnanimous approach that is the epitome of 'balance'! GHIAFC!

Aguero the only one of the leading scorers to score fewer than the expected figure.

AGENDA!!!!!
To be fair that doesn't surprise me one bit. I love Aguero but by God he's frustrating at times with the chances he's capable of missing.

He doesn't seem to be as clinical as he was back in '12-'14. Still; 33 goals last season isn't too shabby.
No it's not, I see your point and I wouldn't trade him for any other current Premier League striker- but I would trade him for himself three years ago. 2014 Aguero would've gotten more like 40 with the chances he had last year. I do think over time he's lost that unpredictable ability to score from pretty much anywhere and now nearly all of his goals come from the central areas of the box which is the main difference.

I just sometimes think Sergio tries too hard to score the 'perfect' goal - intricate passing and movement off the ball, taking on and embarrassing defenders with trickery, and finally, with a theatrical flourish, a delicate flick over the oncoming keeper's head. A few years back (maybe around 2012/2014, as someone mentioned) he would shoot on sight, get to the 18 yard box and have a go. But as I say, I just sometimes get the impression he wants to over-elaborate, the same way Ronaldo sometimes does.

Perhaps now and again Pep should remind him that the object of the game is to put the ball in your opponents net more times than they do yours. Not how artistic and easy on the eye it is how you put the ball there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.