Match of the Day - 2020/21

It's funny how we all think that regional accents, both traditional and those influenced by immigration, are wrong when it comes to public broadcasting. I'm not criticising because I do it myself, but really we need to be embracing our regional dialects.

Except the scousers.
Problem (for me) is that some accents are too strong and can often be difficult to comprehend. A strong N.I. or Scottish accent can be hard to follow, similarly with strong Geordie or Scouse. I am totally lost with accent of young American females who I hear as just a very nasal whine. They do say, as you get older, your lose some hearing.

Problem (for me) is that some accents are too strong and can often be difficult to comprehend. A strong N.I. or Scottish accent can be hard to follow, similarly with strong Geordie or Scouse. I am totally lost with accent of young American females who I hear as just a very nasal whine. They do say, as you get older, your lose some hearing.
Bloke goes to his doctor because he’s worried about his hearing.

Doctor asks “What are the symptoms?”

Bloke replies “A yellow cartoon family on the telly, but what’s that got do do with anything?”

Bloke goes to his doctor because he’s worried about his hearing.

Doctor asks “What are the symptoms?”

Bloke replies “A yellow cartoon family on the telly, but what’s that got do do with anything?”
Took 30 seconds and a re-read to get it. Glad l did;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.