Match of the Day - 2020/21

Fair enough on all 3 points. But I find the idea of setting bars for penalties very odd. Is it mentioned in the laws of the game? Do all referees do it? Do they all set the bar at the same level? Do they show the players where the bar is before kick off. No, it's bollocks.
No, absolutely the laws do not talk about referee having their own tolerance levels. My point is that Moss was consistent in his cautions and dealing with handball for both teams. How often do we see referees penalise us for everything, and yet are very lenient with our opponents?

The laws contain guidelines for handballs. These should always be followed, for all teams, no matter what their positions, or the score of the game.

Just watching it on the iPlayer. Apparently , Palace hadn't won at home on a wednesday since 1993, and Southampton hadn't won away on a wednesday since 1995. They seem very weird stats.

Lots of words there mate and l agree with every one. The BBC wankus are so certain and emphatic they have me doubting myself.
The one that wins top prize for stupidity is the Liverpool goalie one. His roundhouse swing took a man down and if it did touch the ball it wasn't enough to.make it move.
I don't think that their interpretation is in the rules but neither is their standard but meaningless 'there's not enough in it for me'.
BBC sport right now in full flow backing Lewis Hamilton even quoting Harry Kane's opinion three times.
It's like the BBC have stopped employing propert journalists and are just getting people who have got Twatter/Instagram accounts.

It's a sad state of affairs for a once great institution.

It's like the BBC have stopped employing propert journalists and are just getting people who have Twatter/Instagram accounts.

It's a sad state of affairs for a once great institution.
It's nearly all the media nowadays but it feels worse with the BBC because its funded by the tax payers and has had a reputation for fairness and neutrality and its gone out of the window as reporters act as fanboys first journalists last. The BBC's way of reporting City's seven against Leeds - ignore it completely in a three Breakfast programme and leave out all football results to to do that.
Then you have the unseemly situations of well paid journalists bickering and winding up fans on social media. My view is that sports reporters should be banned in their contracts from using social media in their own names. They can say what they want anonymously. But they want their name in lights so their view carries more weight than normal fans - or so they think.

It's nearly all the media nowadays but it feels worse with the BBC because its funded by the tax payers and has had a reputation for fairness and neutrality and its gone out of the window as reporters act as fanboys first journalists last. The BBC's way of reporting City's seven against Leeds - ignore it completely in a three Breakfast programme and leave out all football results to to do that.
Then you have the unseemly situations of well paid journalists bickering and winding up fans on social media. My view is that sports reporters should be banned in their contracts from using social media in their own names. They can say what they want anonymously. But they want their name in lights so their view carries more weight than normal fans - or so they think.
It’s a shame this day and age that the bbc has a whole is no longer fair and neutral in its reporting of either politics and sport. And has been said it’s not state funded like some countries but financed by the general public( I’m so glad I don’t have to pay because of where I live). They make some great progames mind but the football section is not fit for purpose when so many on here can pick holes in it’s reporting or in our case not.

Match of the **** is totally outdated and needs to go, Lineker is a sanctimonious **** at best and the others no better…
We need a new show with new presenters and a new format .. I record it these days, watch City play then delete the **** … Merry Christmas

Last edited:
Match of the **** is totally outdated and needs to go, Lineker is a sanctimonious **** at best and the others no better…
We need a new show with new presenters and a new format .. I record it these days, watch City play then delete the **** … Marry Christmas
Still does OK. Dipped during the pandemic whilst all games were on tv.

2FDAF020-729C-435A-B615-04A42CA8BC7E.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.