Match of the Day - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool have just matched the highest scoring record for a single PL game and yet their fans are still talking about City...

I tried to discuss the two incidents before, but they’re totally different. One is at full pace and airborne and the other isn’t.

You can see why they want to compare the two incidents though as the boot impact is similar.

We're all aware we won and happy for it what I was highlighting amongst others was the discrepancy when reporting on Manchester City.
It probably happens with other teams too if the result isn’t changed because of the decision.

It’s British culture to cheer for the underdog.

It’s why we were everybody’s second team until we became the best team in the world.

That has absolutely nothing to do with how they should be refereed.
I think - and it’s been a while, and I don’t remember exactly - that Mané wasn’t sent off for endangering an opponent, but for violent conduct, in that he kicked Ederson in the head - a fact medical evidence can support. Haaland may have been endangering an opponent with a high foot, but he won the ball, so has absolutely everything to do with how they should be refereed - because they’re two different offences.

I think - and it’s been a while, and I don’t remember exactly - that Mané wasn’t sent off for endangering an opponent, but for violent conduct, in that he kicked Ederson in the head - a fact medical evidence can support. Haaland may have been endangering an opponent with a high foot, but he won the ball, so has absolutely everything to do with how they should be refereed - because they’re two different offences.
It had to be the violent conduct element. If the ref today had done the same, it’d been hard for the VAR to disagree.

Ederson got stretchered off, but was fit to play the next game with a few butterfly stitches. Andersen was able to carry on.

It’s a fine balance though. Players can score worldies bicycle-kicking a volley home at head height or they can be sent off for a full speed trying to trap the ball at 5 feet in the air.

Both need to be allowed to be correct decisions as we want bicycle kicks and we don’t want players leading with their studs 5 feet in the air to trap a ball.

It wasn’t a red card offence today from Haaland, but I can see why there is a discussion about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.