Match of The Day 2024/25

That's standard for the BBC. Doesn't matter what the sport is, and they don't have many these days, they fill the studio with ex-athletes aand ex-pros and make the assumption that they can fill the airwaves with verbiage that informs and educates the viewer, but it often turns into a cosy chat between themselves that would have bored the arse off Ena, Minnie 'n Martha in the snug!
Everyone can watch the highlights almost immediately online. So the point of MOTD should be to offer something different. Not saying it's perfect (or close), but highlights only would be pretty pointless IMO.

Serves a purpose for some I suppose but as I’m out on a Saturday/Sunday night I’ve not watched it for well over a decade.
I feel I’ve not missed much..

That's standard for the BBC. Doesn't matter what the sport is, and they don't have many these days, they fill the studio with ex-athletes aand ex-pros and make the assumption that they can fill the airwaves with verbiage that informs and educates the viewer, but it often turns into a cosy chat between themselves that would have bored the arse off Ena, Minnie 'n Martha in the snug!
When you think about it, how much have you ever learnt from an ex-pro's in depth analysis?

When you think about it, how much have you ever learnt from an ex-pro's in depth analysis?
Very little ,if anything. It's always interesting to see how successful these 'top' pros became as managers. It's often the journeymen in the game who make better managers. Guardiola is the obvious exception and I suppose Klopp, too, but the majoriy of ex-pros dive straight into punditry and presentation. They simply can't hack it as managers.

Very little ,if anything. It's always interesting to see how successful these 'top' pros became as managers. It's often the journeymen in the game who make better managers. Guardiola is the obvious exception and I suppose Klopp, too, but the majoriy of ex-pros dive straight into punditry and presentation. They simply can't hack it as managers.
Basically, Match of the Day is for kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.