Match of The Day 2024/25

Haven't bothered with it in a long time. You get nice, bite sized highlights on Sky Sports' YT channel, with no inane waffling after each game. 3 - 4 minutes on each game. What's not to like?

Pretty sure Untied were on first because their game was played first?

They had a little programme the other day, showing them throughout the day and onto the live broadcast. Didn’t realise it was actually live. Thought they would have given themselves an hour or two to edit it.

Anyway, quite interesting if nothing earth shattering. But they showed the guy who picks the running order. Nothing to do with what order they played in.

They had a little programme the other day, showing them throughout the day and onto the live broadcast. Didn’t realise it was actually live. Thought they would have given themselves an hour or two to edit it.

Anyway, quite interesting if nothing earth shattering. But they showed the guy who picks the running order. Nothing to do with what order they played in.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure whoever plays the lunchtime game is nearly always on first.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure whoever plays the lunchtime game is nearly always on first.
Generally, the primary criteria to be first on is a “shock” result.

Then it’ll be either the title chasers towards the end of the season.

Until then, the secondary criteria is the number of goals, although Spurs vs Everton was ahead of us as us walloping Ipswich doesn’t have as much to talk about.

Generally, the primary criteria to be first on is a “shock” result.

Then it’ll be either the title chasers towards the end of the season.

Until then, the secondary criteria is the number of goals, although Spurs vs Everton was ahead of us as us walloping Ipswich doesn’t have as much to talk about.
From the BBC web site

How do you decide the running order for the programme?​

The running order is decided upon by the programme editor once all the matches have taken place. The order can be dictated by the quality of the game, the importance of the result in deciding the title or relegation, or purely by the amount of goals scored.

I stand corrected :)

From the BBC web site

How do you decide the running order for the programme?​

The running order is decided upon by the programme editor once all the matches have taken place. The order can be dictated by the quality of the game, the importance of the result in deciding the title or relegation, or purely by the amount of goals scored.

I stand corrected :)
I wonder why they don’t put one of the better games last to keep people watching.

People are less likely to stay up to watch the highlights of a goalless draw between Palace and Southampton.

Just watching the 60th Anniversary prog on the BBC - In 1998 Kenneth Wolstenholme was asked if new technology ( in 1998 ) was an answer - he said that he feared it would bring about a stop start game with no real gains .................. visionary
Up there with the Monty Python Loretta scene in The Life of Brian. 45 years ago, that was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.