Match of the Day last night

Biased by Sky, bias by the Premier League, bias by the FA, bias by UEFA, bias by the PGMOB. It's all there, it's all run by money, hand-in-hand with the powers that be.

No need to debate the point, you bore me with your blinkered views.

I imagine that most football followers don't have Sky and have to rely on MOTD to give a fair and balanced view of our performances.
From what I saw through the porthole on Sky Italia at my local was a return to form of David Silva. It was definitely one of our best performances this season and we were unlucky not to win by 3 clear goals.
I think that MOTD and the media in general are giving the majority of the public what they want. All the bad news about City they can find. We are probably one of the two most disliked clubs in the league.
This is of course based on jealousy of our very fortunate position. To unseat the once mighty band of four that have dominated the league and premier for all these years has made a lot of once smug pundits very uncomfortable. They have to get by on snide and disparaging remarks to try to appear witty. It was wearing thin last year and it has become more tiresome and embarrassing this.
We can overcome this "agenda" by becoming one of the great teams of this decade. If we can keep the nucleus of this great side together and earn the respect of football followers in general then the media will fall in line.

I have no sympathy for anyone who watches motd. You know it's crap, yet u still watch it and then complain. The programme has been utter shit for as long as I can remember. Gave up watching it in disgust about 15 years ago.

What do these muppets think they can gain by saying 50/50 possession instead of the true 70/30ish? Its just petty, we as fans don't care and we will gain new fans due to our success on the pitch. i can only think that the MOTD producer is a rag or something.

MOTD is a joke show. Read someone say it's like what the North Korea football highlights are and I agree. Before Sky became widespread we had no idea how bad it was. Now Sky can show just how biased the highlights and punditry are.

Silva was fantastic for me. Worked so hard, fought for everything, kept the ball well went past his man. Best player on the pitch by a mile. The defence was pretty solid too.

At least as a City fan you are lucky. When you don't go to a game or there is an away game it's usually on TV. Even if it's not you can see 60 minute highlights and understand what's going on. With a team like Palace if you don't go then you really have no clue how the team did.

The paper I read this morning had 71% possession for us and 16 shots to 6 in our favour. I'd say that was more realistic than the stats MOTD showed

EricBrooksGhost said:
Spuds fan in our office said we were lucky at weekend; an opinion solely based on MOTD .
Mate i had a rag who said the exact same thing... I flipped out big time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.