match of the day

Come on lets not get too upset with these so called "expert pundits"
Lets be honest, at times our marking in the first half wasn`t very good.However,we got a very good point against a team who have constantly beaten us over years,who are currently in the CL and do have some very good players,who have played together as a team for how many games ??
Plenty of the other top teams will do well to come away from Spuds with a point at best,so don`t fret me old Blues.
IMO I even think that Lee Dixon would have been hard pressed to have said anything positive after the first half performance,but we picked up the tempo in the second and kept better possession.
As the song goes "Things Can Only Get Better" but I`m delighted with a well earned point.
Don`t let the bastards grind you down,as the old adage goes.

it seems to me that they are all running out of ideas too degrade city, i mean city must be a commentators dream, we all know they know f--k all about football, so what do they talk about all through the game, yaya £220 grand a week,david silva £24 mill player and so on, they really are getting paid for nothing anyone can talk in hindsight how much a player cost, talking about money is their way of getting out of their unprofessional view on football? hansen and his cohorts are running scared,it is so transparent anyone with an ounce of common will be able to see right through them?

oakiecokie said:
Come on lets not get too upset with these so called "expert pundits"
Lets be honest, at times our marking in the first half wasn`t very good.However,we got a very good point against a team who have constantly beaten us over years,who are currently in the CL and do have some very good players,who have played together as a team for how many games ??
Plenty of the other top teams will do well to come away from Spuds with a point at best,so don`t fret me old Blues.
IMO I even think that Lee Dixon would have been hard pressed to have said anything positive after the first half performance,but we picked up the tempo in the second and kept better possession.
As the song goes "Things Can Only Get Better" but I`m delighted with a well earned point.
Don`t let the bastards grind you down,as the old adage goes.
Their own stats stated City had 57% of possession,and the reports I read said City edged the 2nd half. I thought City's back 4 defended quite well. Some of the points Hansen made about bad defending were laughable.

City's problem seemed to be holding the ball up front, and in midfield

bookiesgirl said:
city not gelling, we only lost seven games last season. it was the draws that did us last season. it was a good result today, i dont care what anyone says.

It was a good result in light of the way we played - lets be honest we were murdered - had things the situation been reserved we would have been quite dissapointed only gaining a point.

We was poor today - yes a good point away but we were second to everything and the formation did not work.

Liverpool up next and we need to be considerably better,

dctid said:
bookiesgirl said:
city not gelling, we only lost seven games last season. it was the draws that did us last season. it was a good result today, i dont care what anyone says.

It was a good result in light of the way we played - lets be honest we were murdered - had things the situation been reserved we would have been quite dissapointed only gaining a point.

We was poor today - yes a good point away but we were second to everything and the formation did not work.

In the first half, yes, but not in the second. Hansen didn't appear to see the second half though.

Spindash said:
dctid said:

In the first half, yes, but not in the second. Hansen didn't appear to see the second half though.

And neither did the MOTD editor !!

Spindash said:
dctid said:

Yes i agree but SWP apart we generated nothing - Spuds were sharper in the tackle - quicker to the ball and generated far far more chances than we did.

Regardless of how well we played second half that performance would not put us top 4.

I think any neutral would say based on that performace Spuds were the better team and likely to finish higher than us but its a long season and all teams wobble

Bet SI bank account has 2 million more in it on Monday because our midfield looked over run at times.

Im another one thats getting really tired of the constant bad press we are getting, I cant turn on the TV, read a paper or a website without having to see us getting slated by someone, and on top of that I get a battering from all other supporters acting like us City fans asked for all of this.

Its really driving me mad and im sick of it, its not easy to just ignore when you constantly have to stick up for something you love.

dctid said:
Spindash said:

Yes i agree but SWP apart we generated nothing - Spuds were sharper in the tackle - quicker to the ball and generated far far more chances than we did.

Regardless of how well we played second half that performance would not put us top 4.

I think any neutral would say based on that performace Spuds were the better team and likely to finish higher than us but its a long season and all teams wobble

Bet SI bank account has 2 million more in it on Monday because our midfield looked over run at times.

Such a Hanson-esque reply. All this based on the first game of the season with lads that haven't had a pre-season together in reality.

Great observations, pal...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.