Match Thread|Audi Cup | Man City vs Bayern Munich (31/07/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheMaineRoad said:
Just me who thinks that was a great performance??

It was a cultured performance, like we understood our team sheet and the opponent.

This is the way you have to learn to play in Europe. Only teams like Barcelona and Bayern can go into any environment guns blazing, we're not there yet.

Milner and Fernandinho doing very well and Kompany

Some very good quality on the ball from Jovetic

Whole team playing well though Bayern dominated possession.

We need to take those chances. Encouraging to see Negredo get in so many good positions. That's a goalscorer for you.

The commentators have not really pointed out that City are missing a lot of our team so this is a really good effort

I can't see Robben staying on for more than 65 mins and he is their main man. Longer it goes on the better chance we have. They'll probably put mandzukic on, but that will be at the expense of a midfielder

Proelia said:
Negredos looked good with the little service hes had maybe should have scored but theyll come

Sometimes the first is the hardest one to get..

come on Alvaro.

Just shows what a mobile midfield is needed for. Someone like Barry and Garcia are not agile enough against quick movement and slick passing. Fernandinho can get about much quicker. If possible getting rid of them both and getting someone better and more suited to that style is needed in addition to a cb.

samharris said:
Ovo said:
TheMaineRoad said:
Just me who thinks that was a great performance??

I think it too. Really solid defensive performance against arguably the best side in Europe. That Boyata booking was a disgrace, a finer tackle you won't see.

All day..theres no shame if we get beat by Bayern...but fairly eh ref ???

Aye, the refs been really poor. This will be a great work out for the lads too.

citytill1die84 said:
Yesterday we proved we can score and counter attack today the boys are showing they can defend. Boyata and Kompany have been quality.

Very good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.