Match Thread | Burnley vs Man City (11/08/23) 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be and tbh I don’t like seeing him getting bollocked by Pep for suggesting it. We’re playing an open team with loads of space in behind them, surely to god we don’t have to be so risk averse that we ignore it? I’m Team Haaland on this one.
Tbf Bernardo is probably following Pep’s orders and I don’t have a problem with Pep stepping in….. maybe just wait till the dressing room!

The only way we don’t win this is if we become complacent. Better opponents would have punished our lapses. Keep it tight first 10 and then hopefully they will tire.

My summary:

We look a little rusty but nothing too worrying.
Burnley have played well and probably will feel hard done by.

Lewis had a tough game but battled hard
Akanji not great
Rodri a giant among men, probably MOTM
Kovacic like clockwork
Foden played well between the lines
Erling fucking Haaland
This!

Hard to say we deserve to be 2 up after that but when you've got Haaland that's what happens. Very, very sloppy
overall, everyone guilty of it and somehow seem less ready than we did last week. To be fair though Burnley are the most physically ready of all teams.

Creativity is going to be an issue this season with the current squad, especially without kdb. Rico just doesn't work on the left, he doesn't have a left foot and gets his body position all wrong constantly which puts him in trouble. Missing stones' build up from the back and no Laporte Dias or gvardiol highlights it more. Hasn't come off yet but really liking the willingness to play the ball over a bit more, its vital to beating high pressing 1v1 teams, keep doing that and we will get them right eventually. Get haaland his hattrick and we can see this out and get a tricky fixture ticked off unscathed.

Thank fuck for Erl.

Loose passes all over the shop!

Akanji and Alvarez both poor. Julian wants to take the trampoline off his boots ASAP.

Foden looks amazing!

Last edited:
Don’t know why we aren’t putting Foden in midfield, every time he’s on the ball the pace increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.